🔬 149 – Why infants should NOT eat honey

Infants up to the age of about one year should not eat honey, as it can make them really sick. It can cause a disease called infant botulism, which is caused by the bacterium Clostridium botulinum. This bacterium produces a toxin called Botox. Here I put honey under the microscope and we are able to see not only many pollen grains, but also many different bacteria.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.