- Name of microscope: Telmu XSP-75
- Cost: EUR 79.99 USD 89.99
- Objectives: 4x, 10x, 40x
- Condenser: no
- Eyepieces: 10x, 25x
What I liked about the microscope
- Overall good build quality.
- Low cost
- Coarse and fine focus knob (most micrscopes in that price range have only one focus knob)
- mobile phone adapter is solid (but can not be used to full potential in this case, see below)
What I did not like so much
The 10x eyepiece has a very small eye relief and therefore you have to go very close to the eyepiece to see an image. This is also a problem for the mobile phone adapter, which requires an eyepeice with a longer eye relief so that one can get a full image.
This is where they saved costs: You have to cut down costs somewhere for this price.
- No 160 mm DIN optics
- No condenser
- No mechanical stage
- No external power supply
- Optical quality of the 40x is noticeable lower than of better microscopes.
This is what they added, what I consider unnecessary:
- The colored filtered ring, which does not do much.
- They should have included a better 10x eyepiece instead of a second 25x eyepiece.