In front of you: your new microscope. You are eager to test it and wonder what you should look at. Well, I hope that you did not forget to order slides and cover glasses along with your microscope!
You can make a wet mount of the following:
- Cut off a small sample from the fur of a stuffed animal. Textile fibers look nice under the microscope.
- Find some house dust. You can also collect it wiome adhesive tape and then stick the tape on a slide.
- Take a single hair and tie a knot into it.
- Look at the screen of your mobile phone in low magnification to see the red, green and blue LEDs.
- Use Qtips to collect some cells from the inside of your mouth and streak it on the slide.
- Look at the letters of a printed newspaper.