The p[leasure of prepared microscope slides, a lifetime pleasure to visit microscopically time to time.

Here you can discuss sample and specimen preparation issues.
charlie g

The p[leasure of prepared microscope slides, a lifetime pleasure to visit microscopically time to time.

#1 Post by charlie g » Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:34 am

A terrific fondness I have for microscopy, shared microscopy, and personal microscopy observations...well all come together with prepared slides I purchase or swap things to obtain. Currently three kind forum microscopists have given me the pleasure of their quality microtechnique...yes, yes, I savor the prepared slides of these microscopists...thank you!
Attachments
029.JPG
029.JPG (70.78 KiB) Viewed 3728 times
Last edited by charlie g on Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

charlie g

Re: The p[leasure of prepared microscope slides, a lifetime pleasure to visit microscopically time to time.

#2 Post by charlie g » Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:40 am

Prepared slides from microscopists I've interacted with about our dear globe. charlie guevara, finger lakes/US
Attachments
030.JPG
030.JPG (50.38 KiB) Viewed 3726 times

charlie g

Re: The p[leasure of prepared microscope slides, a lifetime pleasure to visit microscopically time to time.

#3 Post by charlie g » Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:45 am

The collecting of fine slides permits all sorts of microscopy at my bench...I encourage others to consider a few quality prepared microscope slides for your home microscopy. charlie guevara
Attachments
031.JPG
031.JPG (83.45 KiB) Viewed 3726 times

charlie g

#4 Post by charlie g » Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:48 am

Enjoy your stands performance with prepared slides...please forgive the limitations of my image captures. charlie guevara
Attachments
077.JPG
077.JPG (25.82 KiB) Viewed 3726 times

charlie g

#5 Post by charlie g » Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:51 am

Drink up your collection with a variety of optics! charlie guevara
Attachments
049.JPG
049.JPG (26.41 KiB) Viewed 3726 times

charlie g

#6 Post by charlie g » Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:03 am

Please consider prepared slides for your microscopy bench...I enjoy my mitotic figures, thank you, Mr,Sonchas!

all the best, charlie guevara, finger lakes/US
Attachments
120.JPG
120.JPG (34.69 KiB) Viewed 3725 times

JimT

#7 Post by JimT » Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:50 pm

One of the nicest things about deep sky astronomy was finding and observing "DSO's" yourself.

Maybe for someone who needs a ready supply of good subjects to observe for a class or something.

I know my slides will never be as good as well prepared slides but to me, part of the fun and adventure is doing them myself. Your slides from your "Adventures" with your two black and white companions are also good :)

JimT

charlie g

#8 Post by charlie g » Sat Oct 29, 2016 2:04 am

Hi, Jim T...indeed I enjoy your forum posted microtechnique...thank you for these 'adventures'...and shame on me for not finding the time to post my cheer and fascination with all the posted microscopy image-capture adventures of forum members.

On my bench of back-burner projects, I have sealed tubes with Trillium early-early spring flowers...sleeping in FAA.

With no microtome (err...someday, Mr.Sonchas!)...I'm going to attempt staining and a few simple squash preparations...I love those mitotic and meiotic chromosome figures...such a seasonal dance...such optimism for our globes seasons!

"...and Spring herself, when she woke at dawn, would scarcely know that we were gone.". Sara Teasdale, 1920,

poem: "There will come a soft rain"

Regards to 'looking up' at our skies night face...I was disappointed this past week as with clouded skies...I missed the intense aurora which our Sol triggered due it's surface burping in an energetic manner this past week.

Finally, for first time in over five months...I had the scope out (SkyWatcher 6"/f5 achro on a HEQ mount)...the ring nebula looked like a ghostly green Cherio with the ?7mm Nagler ocular.

In a real sense...each time we approach a prepared slide...we may bring our microscopy to it in an observation agenda, and as many opine over the years...try your variety of optics, try your variety of contrast methods with these possibly well crafted works...the good slides are a cherrished part of your microscopy I sense!

all the best, charlie guevara (far behind on pre winter chores for reasons Jim T knows about)