The illuminator of the Nikon Fluophot microscope (identical to the Biophot) gave me many problems because the lamp holder was "burned" causing lighting failures due to bad contact.
I decided to replace it with LED
When I make an adaptation I like to keep intact (as much as possible) the original configuration; Adapt unmodified.
I decided to connect a few pins on the LED radiator to be able to connect them to the socket of the lamp holder as if this were the original bulb.
The design has worked relatively well.
The next step will be to adapt the regulator of the base of the microscope for its operation with DC 0 - 3.3V