Dimmable LED/flash microscope illuminator

Here you can discuss DIY adaptations to the microscope.
Saul

Dimmable LED/flash microscope illuminator

#1 Post by Saul » Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:19 pm

Finally got missing parts and could finish all dimmable LED/flash microscope illuminator's versions . Now it could be used for:
Nikon Optiphot (1)
Nikon Metaphot (2)
Olympus BH2 BHT BHTU (4)
Nikon Microphot FX (2)
Nikon Microphot FXA
Nikon Microphot SA
Nikon Labophot I (3)

Nikon Labophot

Nikon Optiphot

Nikon Metaphot/Microphot FX

Nikon Microphot SA/FXA

Olympus BH2 BHT BHTU

Labophot version can be used with the broken plastic part in the microscope base (holder "wings") - couple screws/nuts are needed ...

MicroBob

Re: Dimmable LED/flash microscope illuminator

#2 Post by MicroBob » Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:39 am

Hi Saul,
this is a very nice looking product! I'm sure that will be able to sell a lot of them at the given price point. Is it necessary for these microscopes to have the light source exactly at the original position or is there a frosted surface in the light path that acts as the light source?

Bob

Saul

#3 Post by Saul » Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:30 pm

MicroBob wrote:Hi Saul,
this is a very nice looking product! I'm sure that will be able to sell a lot of them at the given price point. Is it necessary for these microscopes to have the light source exactly at the original position or is there a frosted surface in the light path that acts as the light source?

Bob
Thanks Bob ! It is correct. I used frosted surface behind the lens. For lensless set frosted material can be easily placed behind the front panel .

I had some ideas to make it more universal, like to use for UV - main UV source from the back, from the top would be a normal LED for observation ( to avoid photobleaching). Or vice versa. And flash option, of course. But it is for the future :)

Saul

#4 Post by Saul » Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:58 pm

Olympus BH2 BHT BHTU version with the fly eye lens.
Anybody knows, can be Olympus BH2 BHT BHTU type housing connection used on the Olympus BX40/41 ? And vice versa ?