Bresser Biolux AL additional objectives

Here you can discuss DIY adaptations to the microscope.
Goofy

Bresser Biolux AL additional objectives

#1 Post by Goofy » Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:19 pm

Hello again!

I want to share my way of fitting additional achromatic DIN objectives into Bresser Biolux microscope. This semi-toy microscope has non-standard threading so I had to do the following:

- take apart default 40x objective, really simple, body consist of just 2 screw parts and inside is a tube module with actual optics.
- take apart new DIN objective. This is also very simple, you need some tools however. There is a nice microbehunter video on how to disassemble this kind of objective: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiRxYpvfMIw
- remodule all the optics from new objective using electric isolation tape. I had to make sure that the amount of tape is enough to make a tight fit into default 40x body. Also I used plastic tube spacer mounted behind the lenses to make whole thing more robust, it is marked on the parts picture. It was part of new objectives assembly.
- put this DIY back into default 40x body. I even managed to use spring from new objective so it remains amortized.

In the attached are the pics from the build and yeast morphology sample using 100x oil. Picture where all parts are visible has credit to microbehunter, it is a snapshot from his linked video as I did not want to untape optics that I already made.

This way I managed to adopt 60x/0.85 and 100x/1.25 (oil) objectives. I already had this microscope collecting dust for many years (my wife used it on university some 8 years ago during her studies). I decided to have some fun trying to push it to the limit. I also keep my gear very small and compact that way, although I have some hunger for a bigger toy :D
You can see more results under https://photos.app.goo.gl/QYoC9HMcxaZRM3619
Attachments
parts.jpg
parts.jpg (69.83 KiB) Viewed 3681 times
fit1.jpg
fit1.jpg (70.29 KiB) Viewed 3681 times
fit2.jpg
fit2.jpg (70.91 KiB) Viewed 3681 times
fit4.jpg
fit4.jpg (109.73 KiB) Viewed 3681 times
yeast100xoil.jpg
yeast100xoil.jpg (55.03 KiB) Viewed 3681 times
Bresser Erudit DLX

Roldorf

Re: Bresser Biolux AL additional objectives

#2 Post by Roldorf » Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:20 pm

Nice job well done!!!!

Unknown Brand: Optika SFX 91: Bresser Science Infinity: Canon 4000d
ImageImage

MicroBob

Re: Bresser Biolux AL additional objectives

#3 Post by MicroBob » Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:03 pm

Hi Dawid,
thank you for showing your lens- transplantation! It is very contrary to common theories about microscope design and manufacturing that this works. For this reason it is especially nice that you have had success. You may lead others to try a bit more themselves even if the theory says no.

Bob