Spyrochete of Fibrin?

Have problems identifying an organism? Ask for help here.
Octane80

Spyrochete of Fibrin?

#1 Post by Octane80 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:25 pm

Got another interesting vid for you guys. I've been told by some that these are borrelia spyrochetes; however, most don't look exactly like a spyrochete and I've read some research articles that talk about these possibly being fibrin. I've also studied the work of notable pathologists who have used DNA staining techniques that they say prove that these are just different morphological observations of the same thing (Borrelia). If you follow the video one of them actually roles up into what some call a Gemma form. Blood was obtained via finger prick, a drop of saline solution was added to thin it out and the preparation was allowed to sit for 8 hrs. I do see these infrequently in fresh blood, but they tend to come out after the blood sits for a little bit. 65x objective, 6x camera zoom, darkfield with some adjustments in contrast and color to bring them out a bit more. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGZaiiEcs3s

apochronaut

Re: Spyrochete of Fibrin?

#2 Post by apochronaut » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:39 pm

This looks typical of the form Borrelia takes after it has been established for some time. The classic spirochaete form seems not to inhabit human blood for very long after the initial infection. It prefers synovial fluid, spinal fluid and brain tissue. It has been noted that this linear form lacks the flagella, that the spirochaete carries.
When blood is first drawn, the linear form are seldom visible, nor are the spirochaetes. However, there are usually many small spheroplasts, which are almost impossible to image in a light microscope . It seems that a degree of de-oxygenation of the blood needs to take place for the more morphologically identifiable forms to leave their sequester. This begs the question. Where are they sequestered in the blood, or do they develop out of the spheroplasts over time? I have not seen such development , out of spheroplasts. The only thing I have observed , is that after more than 24 hours of incubation at around 30 degrees centigrade, the linear form will adhere to erythrocytes. It takes a very high resolution light microscope to be able to detect them, once adhered but I have observed the process of adherence, with the resultant combined body visible, after the event. The event took about 20 minutes.
The question then is. Are they originally sequestered in the blood as hitchhikers on the erythrocytes and is that what makes them so hard to find in a freshly drawn sample?

Octane80

#3 Post by Octane80 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:19 am

Thank you for the detailed explanation. Do you happen to know if syphilis is capable of the same pleomorphic behavior? I've done a fair amount of research so I know the tests are not that reliable, but twice I tested negative. I am aware the new Miyamotoi variant does not test positive on current tests, so perhaps a PCR for that is in order. Funny thing is, I showed this to my Dr. and she was like I don't even want to see it... I then asked her for a blood smear and she obliged, but of course that came back unremarkable.

apochronaut

#4 Post by apochronaut » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:09 am

Not sure about syphilis, so much. I know it follows a similar pathway in the body, after a similarly unremarkable primary symptom. Syphilis starts on the focal point of existence for some people , so it made the mistake of debuting down the grand staircase and usually gets a lot of notice when it arrives. Some are probably too busy to notice. What?...another one of those? There is no doubt there are similarities between the two but I suspect syphilis stays around in the blood as a spirochaete a little longer, so with an adequate DF system, it can be seen for an i.d. It ultimately has a much more horrible, socially unacceptable, maiming second stage too, whereas B.B. seems to be more of a debilitating, nagging , personal condition up until it's final hurrah in the brain, when it might well be just as much of a dementia party, as syphilis. Not enough is known about that but there is some good work being done by certain researchers, certainly not by the cookie cutter medical/industrial complex.