Leitz Condenser Help

Here you can discuss all microscopy-related accessories and equipment (microtomes, filters...)
Timemaster1212

Leitz Condenser Help

#1 Post by Timemaster1212 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:24 am

Hello y'all! Cool weather finally took hold in my are of Tennessee so I can start exploring more outside without the sun bearing down 24/7. I am getting a trinocular head soon so hopefully I can post pictures! Anyways while messing around with bright field and some oblique (really need to find a better way to take pictures other than my phone lol) I've decided to look for a darkfield condenser. I've recently acquired a Leitz Laborlux SM and doing some research I found this lovely article: Microscopy-uk.org.uk › uk › ...PDF
Web results
The Excellent Leitz Microscopes with Black Enamel Finish - Microscopy-UK

The SM stand uses a sleeve mount for the condenser, and all the researching I've done has shown all the condensers other than the basic bright field are dovetail mounts. Am I missing something or am I stuck with the bright field condenser?

Thank you all,

-Adnan Shihaibar

PeteM

Re: Leitz Condenser Help

#2 Post by PeteM » Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:42 am

There are also two versions of Leitz condenser dovetails.

Since bare Leitz stands often show up frequently and affordably - and higher power darkfield condensers not so often or affordably - if you really want higher power darkfield maybe find the condenser first, then a stand to fit it??

Timemaster1212

Re: Leitz Condenser Help

#3 Post by Timemaster1212 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:48 am

Well currently the issue is finding a condenser at all! I did not realize that condensers were not compatible with all laborlux stands. Maybe i just need to use patch stops.