Lighting

Here you can suggest and discuss Websites, books, and other resource materials.
Glot

Lighting

#1 Post by Glot » Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:35 am

A lot of info well presented

https://youtu.be/ZRZ9_ov6Fak

MichaelG.

Re: Lighting

#2 Post by MichaelG. » Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:41 am

Thanks for the useful link, Glot

MichaelG.
Too many 'projects'

mrsonchus

#3 Post by mrsonchus » Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:16 am

An excellent video, many thanks.

This video has been very useful to me, although I know how and why to use Koehler illumination after quite a time with my microscope. BUT, what this video did 'illuminate' for me was the events that occur with a past microscope of mine, namely the Leitz Orthoplan, which has a light-source (i.e. the bulb and it's filament) that is also able to be moved in the X-Y and the Z relative to the rest of the light train, by use of various turnscrews on the body of the lamphouse. With my later and current Olympus BX 'scope the light-source (again, the bulb and it's filament) is fixed in position within the lamphouse.

Understanding the conjugate planes of both illumination and image-forming is very important if not vital for the correct and optimal alignment of a variey of 'scopes that one may come to use as experience increases.

Thanks for a great link - and to those just starting-out with microscopy - make sure you save this video to your Y-Tube lists - it really is very useful and understandably explained. One of if not the best I've seen.
John B

Glot

#4 Post by Glot » Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:54 am

Gotta love the university of you tube. There's some really good videos by a bloke called microbehunter,worth watching.