Online short course by OU - UK only

Here you can suggest and discuss Websites, books, and other resource materials.
MicroPunter

Online short course by OU - UK only

#1 Post by MicroPunter » Fri Nov 10, 2023 8:25 pm

I just discovered a short, free, course offered by the Open University, I believe it is only available to residents of the UK sadly. The course title is: ‘ Histology, microscopy, anatomy and disease’ https://www.open.edu/openlearn/science ... iption-tab. It starts with a gentle introduction to what histology is, some staining techniques and how a light microscope works. It then progresses to some cell theory, including the identification of certain cells and tissues in the body. The functions and structures of tissues. And ends with infection, inflammation, deterioration and cell death. As you progress there are some quizzes and tests. And at the completion you can download a certificate of completion.

It may be a bit basic for some people on here but it looks quite good for total beginners like me; and it’s free, so I can’t complain about the price!

Gordhandas

Re: Online short course by OU - UK only

#2 Post by Gordhandas » Thu Dec 07, 2023 5:17 pm

Many thanks for sharing the link for this course. I have signed up for it.

GerryR

#3 Post by GerryR » Mon Jan 01, 2024 12:10 pm

I'm in VA, USA and was able to take the course. Nice intro course to histology!

MichaelG.

#4 Post by MichaelG. » Mon Jan 01, 2024 8:25 pm

Thanks for the link
… at my age, I was rather pleased to read this:
You can start this course right now without signing-up. Click on any of the course content sections below to start at any point in this course.
If you want to be able to track your progress, earn a free Statement of Participation, and access all course quizzes and activities, sign-up.
MichaelG.
Too many 'projects'