Algae Identification Field Guide (Canada)

Here you can suggest and discuss Websites, books, and other resource materials.
75RR

Algae Identification Field Guide (Canada)

#1 Post by 75RR » Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:56 am

Algae Identification Field Guide
An Illustrative Field Guide on Identifying Common Algae Found In the Canadian Prairies

http://publications.gc.ca/collections/c ... 11-eng.pdf
Zeiss Standard WL (somewhat fashion challenged) & Wild M8
Olympus E-P2 (Micro Four Thirds Camera)

Crater Eddie

Re: Algae Identification Field Guide (Canada)

#2 Post by Crater Eddie » Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:43 pm

Thanks for posting this very handy guide. I see some old friends in there.
CE
Olympus BH-2 / BHTU
LOMO BIOLAM L-2-2
LOMO POLAM L-213 / BIOLAM L-211 hybrid
LOMO Multiscope (Biolam)
Cameras: Canon T3i, Olympus E-P1 MFT, Amscope 3mp USB

charlie g

#3 Post by charlie g » Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:28 pm

Fantastic the way a field location view is right there with a species view as seen by light microscope.

Now my dumb question for you Canadian folk: This text is stated 2006 with authors listed. Then:"Her Magisty the Queen,2011..in right of Canada". Is this copyright traditions of UK/Canada colaborations? I have Canadian journals, Canadian texts, with no citations to: "Her Magisty the Queen". Does 'Brexit' trash the spirit of this quaint salute and 'right by Her Magisty'?

Any of you Canadians please offer comment on this copyright mention of Her Magisty the Queen,2011.

I never before heard of 'frog spit' for spirogyra...love it! The method of pagination totally confuses me...in the early pages specific algae organisms are tagged with a page # quite deeper into this 40 page work...yet it doesn't seem this texts tracks that way...hmm.

I Really like this tiny field manual...I have a similar field manual: "Field Manual for the Bacteria"...it always is great to have the macroscopic context of our...err..microscopy world views. Thanks 75RR. charlie guevara

actinophrys

#4 Post by actinophrys » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:05 pm

charlie g wrote:This text is stated 2006 with authors listed. Then:"Her Magisty the Queen,2011..in right of Canada". Is this copyright traditions of UK/Canada colaborations?
This shows up in government publications. Queen Elizabeth II is the head of state, and although this is obviously related to her being the queen of the UK and other countries, the title is formally separate. So attributing copyright to her in Right of Canada is saying the copyright belongs to the Canadian state.