New human organ discovered.

Here you can suggest and discuss Websites, books, and other resource materials.

Hobbyst46

Re: New human organ discovered.

#2 Post by Hobbyst46 » Thu May 10, 2018 11:57 am

Thanks, Apochronaut, for an interesting and important reading material! Before opening the link I expected to see MRI findings, but it is fluorescence optical microscopy.

charlie g

#3 Post by charlie g » Thu May 10, 2018 5:40 pm

Thanks, Phil, for an excellent link of microscopy and our world. I'm now oh so curious to see some of these cellular level high resolution images.What a tease..not a single image provided in that excellent link.

Years and years ago...it has always been described as: 'the Lincoln Highway to heart infection'...how serious indeed are sublingually draining abcessed back teeth ( our lower molar teeth), how lower molar abcessed teeth which drain into the 'sublingual space'...well this sepsis maythen progress to the adjacent: prevetebral fascia...the fascia which directly extendends to the mediastinum 'fascia of our hearts'. This condition, termed Ludwigs angina, sepsis with an elevated tounge...in pre-antibiotic era..demanded entry into the network of: 'spaces of the head and neck'...to secure drainage of puss...then perhaps even flushing out of the spaces with saline water. In ancient Roman times..it was termed: 'glorious puss'..if after a deep puncture wound in battle..it was achieved that puss could be drained..it meant the person 'stood a chance of surviving that deep infection.

All surgeons appreciate the 'potential spaces which abound in our vertebrate bodies...'spaces of the head and neck', 'gutters of the abdominal viscus cavities', etc., etc., interconnected anatomical fascial planes/ fascial spaces. I'm trying to sense why these authors did not more clearly allude to this basic understanding of surgical knowledge. Indeed the ability to visualize in life, in health and disease...the network of fascial spaces is great...but this reporting seems almost negligent in not even bringing the subject up..to my reading of this link.

I am thrilled at high resolution cellular level image capabilities announced in this l;ink...sure would like to see a few of the images. thanks apochronaut. Charlie guevara

billbillt

#4 Post by billbillt » Thu May 10, 2018 9:10 pm

Thanks for posting the link to this interesting paper...

BillT