Zeiss Inverted Scope

Have a problem finding shops that sell specific materials? Ask here. Are you looking for microscope parts? Do you have anything to offer for sale? Note: this is not a section for external companies to advertise their products.
wstenberg

Zeiss Inverted Scope

#1 Post by wstenberg » Sun Feb 14, 2021 6:55 pm

Anyone need one of these? Needs oculars and objectives.
$150 plus shipping from Oregon, USA.

Thanks!
Attachments
Untitled2.jpg
Untitled2.jpg (264.47 KiB) Viewed 2079 times
William
Astoria, Oregon

Zeiss Axiomat
Zeiss Stereomikroskop
Zeiss Tessovar

krame

Re: Zeiss Inverted Scope

#2 Post by krame » Sat Feb 27, 2021 3:14 am

Would this be a good platform to build up from? I'm very new to microscopy and I like the idea of picking and choosing what to add from the getgo, rather than buying an amscope or swift and then trying to replace parts.

Does it have a condenser? Or just a filter holder? Does come with a light? Are the objective sizes easily found or are they propitiatory to Zeiss?

Thanks!

BramHuntingNematodes

#3 Post by BramHuntingNematodes » Sat Feb 27, 2021 4:07 am

The old invertoscop d is definitely a fun ittle scope I have put some 60s finite B&L phase stuff on there and it is a lot of fun thinking about putting some long working distance plan phase lenses I got on there try to match it with an old Tiyoda phase turret if you got short barrel objectives they're not going to work here as you would need to move the stage this looks like it has no optics and needs a condenser but you can match it with the lenses you can find might be a little barlowe in the headpiece sometimes those prisms get delaminated but I'm sure stenberg would have mentioned it if so though. Can't tell if the filter carrier is there or not.

I would have said it was a tad on the pricey side given there aren't no optics except that mechanical stage there I seen people pay a few hundred for alone.
1942 Bausch and Lomb Series T Dynoptic, Custom Illumination

krame

#4 Post by krame » Sat Feb 27, 2021 6:20 pm

Thanks for the info. I think this is a little beyond my realm of knowledge, which is rather small anyway.

Best of luck!

wstenberg

#5 Post by wstenberg » Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:45 pm

Still have it if anyone is interested...
William
Astoria, Oregon

Zeiss Axiomat
Zeiss Stereomikroskop
Zeiss Tessovar