Good price on GEM stereo scopes

Have a problem finding shops that sell specific materials? Ask here. Are you looking for microscope parts? Do you have anything to offer for sale? Note: this is not a section for external companies to advertise their products.
Element 56

Good price on GEM stereo scopes

#1 Post by Element 56 » Sun Aug 09, 2020 2:59 am

I just found this and thought I would share it. The price is very good and they look like they're in good condition. Not sure if you can get the seller to ship them but it would be worth looking into if you could use a decent stereo scope.

https://m.facebook.com/marketplace/item ... kout=false

Scarodactyl

Re: Good price on GEM stereo scopes

#2 Post by Scarodactyl » Sun Aug 09, 2020 6:07 pm

Ridiculously good price if it's real. Those bases are excellent.

Element 56

#3 Post by Element 56 » Sun Aug 09, 2020 7:42 pm

I feel pretty good about it or I would not have shared!

Personally I've had a lot of good transactions on Facebook for microscope stuff. Most just want to move something without the hassle of eBay. However my selling experience is another matter. I can't believe how rude and inconsiderate people are. Setting up pickup times and they don't show. I can't imagine doing that to someone!

arb566

#4 Post by arb566 » Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:36 pm

Well She is doing pick-up only so it shouldn't be a scam. Unfortunately I'm on the other side of the continent or I'd be banging on her door.

Element 56

#5 Post by Element 56 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:15 am

arb566 wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:36 pm
Well She is doing pick-up only so it shouldn't be a scam. Unfortunately I'm on the other side of the continent or I'd be banging on her door.
I didn't ask but maybe you could encourage a ups store drop. I've been successful in these situations by setting everything up via a phone call with the store. All the seller has to agree to is driving to the store. I don't think anyone ever declined the idea.

I'm giving away all.my secrets!

While talking about Facebook did anyone catch the $300 BH2 last week? Looked like it had S Plans on it! In a case like that you got to offer more IMO. If you don't carma will get you 😂

Zuul

#6 Post by Zuul » Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:27 am

If a board member does decide to pick up, I might be interested in one if that member is willing to ship. ;)