Help completing Nikon E600 & Leica DMLB DIC systems

Have a problem finding shops that sell specific materials? Ask here. Are you looking for microscope parts? Do you have anything to offer for sale? Note: this is not a section for external companies to advertise their products.
PeteM

Help completing Nikon E600 & Leica DMLB DIC systems

#1 Post by PeteM » Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:54 pm

Hoping someone may have parts to sell, or information on what to look for, to complete a couple DIC systems. Been looking for a while . . .

For Nikon Eclipse (E600, E800):
- An objective prism for a 20x Plan Apo that gives darker extinction than a PF20. Just knowing the spec would be useful.
- An "L" prism for the dry 0.90 top lens type C-CU universal condenser
- A 1.4na oil top lens and an oil type "H" prism for the C-CU condenser

For Leica DM series (DMLB, etc.):
- A Leica 20x Plan Fluotar or 20x Plan Apo objective with a "D" marking OR a Leica "B" slider. Possible swap -- I have a Leica 20x Plan Fluotar with a "B" marking to trade, should someone have the B type DIC slider. Excellent optically, but it would give better DIC with the appropriate B slider (which I don't have).

Any help, offers to buy or trade, or ideas to complete these systems will be most appreciated. Might also be able to help someone else get into DIC (see below).

Someday available . . . I'm aiming to complete and compare a wide range of DIC systems - eventually do a write up. When complete a number of DIC systems and parts will be available (Leica DMLB and DMRB, Nikon Eclipse E600, Nikon Optiphot DIC, Olympus BHS DIC, likely Zeiss DIC plus reflected light DIC systems from Nikon, Olympus, and Reichert).
Last edited by PeteM on Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

PeteM

Re: Help completing Nikon E600 & Leica DMLB DIC systems

#2 Post by PeteM » Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:36 am

Bump