Selling Olympus E 1958 trinocular incident/transmitted

Have a problem finding shops that sell specific materials? Ask here. Are you looking for microscope parts? Do you have anything to offer for sale? Note: this is not a section for external companies to advertise their products.
mrsonchus

Selling Olympus E 1958 trinocular incident/transmitted

#1 Post by mrsonchus » Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:29 pm

Hi all, well, finally the last 'spare' microscope that I am listing for sale on e-bay. Gradually my tiny lab is becoming a little less cramped!
This is a beautiful grey-body 'E' model which according to Olympus was released in 1958. I've been trying it out with incident lighting.

It is fitted with 5x, 10x and 40x NEO objectives and is capable of brightfield, darkfield, incident and transmitted microscopy - please see my listing for full details and just let me know if you're interested.

A few images,

A coin seen under incident illumination...

A nice set of NEO objectives,

If interested just let me know!
John B

PeteM

Re: Selling Olympus E 1958 trinocular incident/transmitted

#2 Post by PeteM » Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:24 pm

Just a comment on that scope. We use them in our Micronaut program for things like silicon wafers and they truly are a lovely microscope. Surprisingly good images and with the darkfield and polarization options. Reflected DIC can be fitted. The main drawback of these compared to a modern and more expensive scope is the somewhat dim lamp, but that can be easily remedied with a bright LED retrofit. This model is also fairly compact and easy to move - one of the reasons we like them.

If someone is interested in reflected light and in the US, here is another possibly interesting and cheap option. Unlike John's scope this one is in questionable shape, massive, and is missing the epi illuminator and possibly the transmitted illuminator - it needs a lot of work but might go cheap: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bausch-Lomb-Mi ... 000%7C7000