Nikon 20x E Plan and AO 40x objectives for sale/trade

Have a problem finding shops that sell specific materials? Ask here. Are you looking for microscope parts? Do you have anything to offer for sale? Note: this is not a section for external companies to advertise their products.
zzffnn

Nikon 20x E Plan and AO 40x objectives for sale/trade

#1 Post by zzffnn » Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:59 am

Hi Everyone,

Thank you for viewing my thread.

I am new here but I post a lot more at photo macrography.net under the same user name. I used microscope professionally as a PhD microbiologist.

I have three objectives for sale or trade:

1) Nikon 20x NA 0.40 160/0.17 E Plan objective - $129 (I bought it for $150 from eBay). This is a DIN 45 mm parfocal objective.

2) Labomed semi plan 60x objective NA 0.85 160/0.17 - $old (I bought it brand new for $120 from a Nikon microscope dealer). This is a DIN 45 mm parfocal objective.

3) AO Spencer infinity objective 43x NA 0.55 - $12.9
This is an infinite 34 mm parfocal objective. This one has cosmetic scratches on its metal shell.

Optics are clean, clear and free of delamination/dent/mold. All my optics have been examined using a stereo microscope, a flashlight and a professionally made (Klaus Kemp) diatom slide.

I tried to price my items according to the lowest eBay price that I can find. If you see lower price and comparable prices please feel free to refer me to them, and I may consider matching them.

Shipping cost of $5.95 or $7.7 (within continental USA) is not included and will be charged to buyer. Signature confirmation is required for purchase of the Nikon 20x. International shipping will cost $45, as Registered Mail and Returned Receipt has to be included for lost prevention. Local pick up in Houston Texas is welcome.

I will accept the following as trades:

McArthur type field/portable microscope
Tiyoda MKH microscope
Nikon S 1.2x NA 0.03 objective
AO Spencer 60x dry infinity objective
American Optical teaching dual view tube (insertable atachment)

Fiio X5 music player
Creative E5 headphone amplifier

My listing at the following page contains photos:
http://www.photomacrography.net/forum/v ... hp?t=27418

And here is my eBay listing of the three objectives:
http://m.ebay.com/sch/zzffnn/m.html?_pg ... efine=true
Last edited by zzffnn on Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:43 pm, edited 4 times in total.

zzffnn

Re: Nikon 20x E Plan, Labomed dry 60x and AO 40x objectives for sale/trade

#2 Post by zzffnn » Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:27 pm

Added international shipping option. But it is expensive though.

charlie g

Re: Nikon 20x E Plan and AO 40x objectives for sale/trade

#3 Post by charlie g » Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:52 pm

Hello zzffnn...I'm the guy who just purchased your Labomed 60X objective ...based upon the spec you posted in this thread: .. ' 160 TL'. Please assure me that indeed it's a 160 TL 60X objective? thanks for your forum microscopy, charlie guevara

zzffnn

Re: Nikon 20x E Plan and AO 40x objectives for sale/trade

#4 Post by zzffnn » Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:23 pm

charlie g wrote:Hello zzffnn...I'm the guy who just purchased your Labomed 60X objective ...based upon the spec you posted in this thread: .. ' 160 TL'. Please assure me that indeed it's a 160 TL 60X objective? thanks for your forum microscopy, charlie guevara
Thank you Charlie for your purchase. I recognized your name yesterday. Yes, that Labomed is a 160 mm tube length (finite) objective that works very well on my Nikon Labophot 2 (I have checked it with Klaus Kemp diatoms under UGF, oblique and Rheinberg light). It is parfocal with my Nikon E Plan 40x and 20x, after shimming slightly (i.e., twisting along its screw thread back and forth slightly).

My eBay item description said that it is a 160 TL objective that works well on my Nikon Labophot 2. You have a Labophot as well, correct? It is a perfect fit.

I got it brand new from my local Nikon microscope dealer (Land, Sea and Sky at Houston). It is this one on their web site (I paid $125 for it): https://takahashiamerica3.reachlocal.ne ... 843n9qhsg6

When I asked about Nikon objective of the same magnification, the dealer told me that those Nikon 60x are very rare and very expensive. So they sold me that Labomed instead. Based on their experience, the dealers usually substitute Nikon objectives with Labomed's, when cost is too high for clients. I know there are generic Chinese non-branded 60x objectives, but I did not want to go with those.

Your objective was shipped yesterday with USPS Priority Mail. Tacking number is shown at eBay and Paypal. Your expected delivery date is this Friday July 31st. If the objective is not the same as described, you can return it to me for refund.

zzffnn

Re: Nikon 20x E Plan 20x for sale/trade

#5 Post by zzffnn » Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:15 am

Nikon E Plan 20x is still available. Priced reduced to $99 plus actual shipping cost ($7.7 within USA). Members here may buy outside of eBay (PM me) and get $12 of discount.

May consider shipping to reputable international members at actual shipping cost.