SOLD FS: Stereo microscopes - Nikon and Zeiss

Have a problem finding shops that sell specific materials? Ask here. Are you looking for microscope parts? Do you have anything to offer for sale? Note: this is not a section for external companies to advertise their products.
ddy5

SOLD FS: Stereo microscopes - Nikon and Zeiss

#1 Post by ddy5 » Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:18 pm

I have two very nice stereo microscopes to sell, a Nikon SMZ1500 and a Zeiss Stemi SV11 APO. You can see photos at: https://dy5.smugmug.com/Stereo-microscopes

SMZ1500:
- introduced around 2000 as their top-of-the-line stereo scope; PM me for PDFs of a sales brochure and instruction manual
- this scope was serviced by a Nikon Authorized service firm in January, 2023
- functionally, no issues; beautiful imaging; focus smooth; magnification change also smooth
- cosmetically, there are a few paint chips around the base of the head, but otherwise very good
- the C-W 10xB22 eyepieces are <1 year old
- the objective is a Plan Apo 1X (I also have a 0.5x and 1.6x HR Plan Apo to sell separately)
- comes with the stand as shown

SV11 APO
- Zeiss' best stereo scope of the period, introduced around 1999; PM me for PDFs of a sales brochure and instruction manual
- as far as I know, the last servicing was in 2006; I got it in 2017
- a photo tube is included, but I forgot to install it before taking the photos
- functionally, no issues; smooth focusing and magnification changing; excellent imaging
- cosmetically, one mark on an eyepiece tube; otherwise very good
- S-Plan 1x objective
- W-Pl 10x-23 eyepieces
- the boom stand shown in the photos is not included; I have a simple pole stand for the scope instead.

I'm asking $3000 for the SMZ1500 and $2500 for the SV11. Shipping is included for the continental U.S. Buyer pays the Paypal fee (3% for G&S). If you live within 200 miles of Laurel, MD, we could arrange a meet instead of shipping.
You can check my feedback on Fred Miranda (ddyager) and eBay (dy5), and I can provide other references if needed.
Last edited by ddy5 on Fri Sep 01, 2023 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

einman

Re: FS: Stereo microscopes - Nikon and Zeiss

#2 Post by einman » Tue Aug 15, 2023 4:50 pm

As an avid enthusiast for stereo microscopes, I will comment. Both prices are extremely competitive and in fact lower than any I have seen recently on E-bay.

ddy5

Re: FS: Stereo microscopes - Nikon and Zeiss

#3 Post by ddy5 » Fri Aug 18, 2023 1:12 pm

Thanks, Einman. These are 'Friends and Family' prices. If I do end up posting these scopes on eBay, the prices will be higher.

Cheers, David