Wanted: Wild HU photo tube for Wild M20.

Have a problem finding shops that sell specific materials? Ask here. Are you looking for microscope parts? Do you have anything to offer for sale? Note: this is not a section for external companies to advertise their products.
viktor j nilsson

Wanted: Wild HU photo tube for Wild M20.

#1 Post by viktor j nilsson » Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:54 pm

Hello! First time poster from Sweden. Been lurking here for quite some time, but haven't posted before.

Over the last year or so, I've been building up a 'frankenscope' with bits and pieces that I really like:

1) Wild M20 base (oh, the engineering!)
2) Wild Aplanatic-Achromatic condenser
3) Leitz Heine condenser
4) Nikon CF series objectives (4x & 10x & 40x E plan, 20x CFN plan, 40x CFN plan phase) + CFW eyepieces.
5) Lomo WI 70x 1.23 phase objective (+ matching EPs).

I can post pictures later, but it's too dark right now, and my two young sons are sleeping in the same room where my scope is located. You have to trust that it looks very nice next to my M5...

Anyway, there is one critical part missing before my setup is complete: a phototube.

Ideally, I want to find the HU phototube with the three-position switch. But I could probably live with the H version with a fixed 25%/75% beam splitter (but the Heine eats so much light I'd prefer the HU one!).

There is one HU phototube on eBay, but it's quite expensive and poorly described; I've been burned a couple of times buying things from US surplus sellers on eBay, and those mistakes get really expensive when you're located in Europe. So I would much rather buy from someone here.

So: is there anyone out there with a nice, clean Wild M20 photo tube that they are willing to give up for a fair price?