Zeiss Stemi SR for sale

Have a problem finding shops that sell specific materials? Ask here. Are you looking for microscope parts? Do you have anything to offer for sale? Note: this is not a section for external companies to advertise their products.
einman

Zeiss Stemi SR for sale

#1 Post by einman » Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:22 pm

This is on E-bay for $649 OBO. I will take $500 plus shipping for it. It come with 2 eyepieces in excellent condition and the 3rd with some slight delamination. It has the Zeiss incident and tranmitted light stand along with the requisite power supply from Zeiss. It has the photo tube. The eyepiece sitting in the photo tube is for display. It obviously does not go there.

This is nearly a 10 in terms of mechanical, optical and cosmetic condition. It is built like a tank and has some significant weight to it as everything is metal. NO plastic on this scope. No other SR comes close on E-bay in terms of condition or price.

I am making room in my lab and selling off various items.

Last edited by einman on Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

einman

Re: Zeiss Stemi SR for sale

#2 Post by einman » Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:24 pm

Te FOV of this scope is amazing with the 25 mm eyepieces!

Scarodactyl

#3 Post by Scarodactyl » Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:40 am

I saw this one go up on eBay--it's a really nice scope at a great price.
I'm not a buyer right now, but I am curious what the mags are like on this one.

einman

#4 Post by einman » Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:28 am

What do you mean mags?

The steps are: 8, 12. 20, 32, 50. Generally speaking Scopes using a Galileo type drum system tend to have better optics than a comparable zoom scope due to the arrangement of the optics. I also owned a Zeiss Stemi SV8 and the SR performed better. It is on par with an Olympus SZH in terms of na and resolution. Although the FOV is significantly larger and brighter. I also owned 2 different Olympus SZH's.

vendav

#5 Post by vendav » Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:56 pm

Hi,

If only you were in the UK..........the import duties are horrendous however, and put this out of reach.

Kind regards,
David