SOLD Wild M3 Coaxial Illuminator (Should be compatible with Leica M series) 50$

Have a problem finding shops that sell specific materials? Ask here. Are you looking for microscope parts? Do you have anything to offer for sale? Note: this is not a section for external companies to advertise their products.
Scarodactyl

SOLD Wild M3 Coaxial Illuminator (Should be compatible with Leica M series) 50$

#1 Post by Scarodactyl » Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:14 am

SOLD
1 Wild M3 Coaxial illuminator. Asking $50 plus shipping.
I recently got my hands on an old Wild M3 (it was supposed to be an M3z, but oh well). I'm currently working on a stand for it which will be its own little thread, but it came with a coaxial illuminator which I don't need. In theory it should be compatible with the Wild M8 and the whole Leica M/Mz series (onwards from the M3 that is, not including the M5). I am not 100% sure of this as I haven't tested it myself, though since the heads are compatible it kind of follows. It had never been opened when I got it (Wild screws apparently often have something like loctite on them which requires a lot of force the first time they're unscrewed), but there was a slight film on the prisms which I cleaned off. Not sure how it got there since the lenses were fine? Either way it's clean and ready to use. I haven't been able to actually test the light, though it was sold to me as working and looks to be in very good physical shape.
Last edited by Scarodactyl on Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

75RR

Re: Wild M3 Coaxial Illuminator (Should be compatible with Leica M series) 50$

#2 Post by 75RR » Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:59 am

Any chance of some more photos?
Zeiss Standard WL (somewhat fashion challenged) & Wild M8
Olympus E-P2 (Micro Four Thirds Camera)

Scarodactyl

#3 Post by Scarodactyl » Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:29 pm

75RR wrote:Any chance of some more photos?
Absolutely. Here are a few more, I can take specific ones on request.

75RR

#4 Post by 75RR » Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:08 am

Thanks for the photos
In theory it should be compatible with the Wild M8 and the whole Leica M/Mz series (onwards from the M3 that is, not including the M5). I am not 100% sure of this as I haven't tested it myself, though since the heads are compatible it kind of follows.
Looked up the M8 brochure and they have a different number (321359) for the Coaxial Illuminator - that is not to say that this one won't work - just needs to be tested to be sure.
Attachments
M8.png
M8.png (324.73 KiB) Viewed 5440 times
Zeiss Standard WL (somewhat fashion challenged) & Wild M8
Olympus E-P2 (Micro Four Thirds Camera)

Scarodactyl

#5 Post by Scarodactyl » Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:27 pm

I honestly don't know enough about coaxial illumination to have a sense of what problems are possible. It will definitely be mechanically compatible with the M8, and the mag range isn't that different between it and the m3 so that at least shouldn't be an issue..
This page does list it as m8 compatible, but I haven't tested it myself. I imagine it wouldn't have enough horsepower for something like an mz16 at the highest mag, but I could be wrong.

MichaelG.

#6 Post by MichaelG. » Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:25 pm

... and it certainly makes your offer price seem very reasonable.

sorry, I have no use for it :(

MichaelG.
Too many 'projects'

Scarodactyl

#7 Post by Scarodactyl » Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:33 pm

Yeah, their price is crazy, but I do have it lower here than it will be on eBay.

Rorschach

#8 Post by Rorschach » Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:03 pm

Scarodactyl wrote:Yeah, their price is crazy, but I do have it lower here than it will be on eBay.
I will buy this off your hands. I will use it on my M7S. Looks like it is compatible with it.

Scarodactyl

#9 Post by Scarodactyl » Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:16 pm

Rorschach wrote:
Scarodactyl wrote:Yeah, their price is crazy, but I do have it lower here than it will be on eBay.
I will buy this off your hands. I will use it on my M7S. Looks like it is compatible with it.
I'm sorry, it actually sold earlier today (pending a question). If that falls through I'll send you a PM.

Rorschach

#10 Post by Rorschach » Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:26 pm

Scarodactyl wrote:
Rorschach wrote:
I'm sorry, it actually sold earlier today (pending a question). If that falls through I'll send you a PM.
That is a pity. I got so excited about it already :cry: I would have needed it for id work on beetles. Reflections are a real problem with them sometimes, especially since these are freshwater taxa and therefore in ethanol on a petri dish.