WTB: Wild stereo incident lamp attachment parts

Have a problem finding shops that sell specific materials? Ask here. Are you looking for microscope parts? Do you have anything to offer for sale? Note: this is not a section for external companies to advertise their products.
Rorschach

WTB: Wild stereo incident lamp attachment parts

#1 Post by Rorschach » Wed May 08, 2019 5:02 pm

Hi,

I am looking for the jointed, clampable rod system/part and also for the cast, circular base that are in the attached picture.

Also interested in filters and filter holders etc. that are part of the system for the 6V 20W focusable incident lamp.

I have two new & unused units but just one attachment rod system.
Attachments
Wild_lamp_attachment_system.jpg
Wild_lamp_attachment_system.jpg (70.25 KiB) Viewed 2952 times

wabutter

Re: WTB: Wild stereo incident lamp attachment parts

#2 Post by wabutter » Thu May 09, 2019 12:30 am

Those parts are currently available from your Local Leica dealer or Leica directly.

Rorschach

#3 Post by Rorschach » Thu May 09, 2019 4:38 am

That's good to know. I'll contact them if nothing turns up here and elsewhere.

Scarodactyl

#4 Post by Scarodactyl » Thu May 09, 2019 5:08 am

I found Leica surprisingly pleasant to deal with. I had assumed that they would be less than excited to sell parts to a small timer with little potential for bigger purchases in the future, but they were quite nice and helpful.
That said, Leica pricing...they gave me the wrong part number for one component and I ended up accidentally buying a 300ish dollar serial cable. I got my money back but some of their pricing can be nuts.

Rorschach

#5 Post by Rorschach » Thu May 09, 2019 5:44 am

Yes, their pricing sometimes isn't at all realistic. I can accept a high price on top level optics and complicated assemblies requiring the finest mechanisms. However, for example a simple piece of metal, even if made to tight tolerances, sometimes carries an astronomical price. I bet they'd get much better sales by lowering those types of prices somewhat. It's mostly old stock after all, so the expenses caused by making them occurred decades ago. Profits, however, can only be had if those parts move off the shelves they have been sitting on for those decades.