B&L Galen 1/Olympus KHS: FREE for cost of shipping [gone]

Have a problem finding shops that sell specific materials? Ask here. Are you looking for microscope parts? Do you have anything to offer for sale? Note: this is not a section for external companies to advertise their products.
Scarodactyl

B&L Galen 1/Olympus KHS: FREE for cost of shipping [gone]

#1 Post by Scarodactyl » Mon May 13, 2019 3:07 am

I picked this up at a surplus sale but don't need it. A Galen I, an intro/low end B&L microscope which Olympus made for them in the pattern of the older Olympus KHS scopes. Later Galens were made by Kyowa (II) or in China (III). It is functional but not in perfect shape:
focus is stiff
very dusty
head has some delamination, will need replacing for best quality but works.

That being said, it works! lights up, objectives seem fine and it could be a good beginner scope for someone who doesn't mind cleaning it up.

The scope weighs in at 12 pounds and will fit in a 12x12x8 box. Just claim it, pay shipping (via paypal is easiest) and it will come to your doorstep.
Last edited by Scarodactyl on Fri May 31, 2019 3:57 am, edited 2 times in total.

Tarloth

Re: B&L Galen 1/Olympus KHS: FREE for cost of shipping

#2 Post by Tarloth » Mon May 13, 2019 4:02 am

Very Very tempting! But I'm looking for some SZ with camera tube. I really appreciate that you offer this unit to somebody only at shipping cost! THANKS

apochronaut

#3 Post by apochronaut » Mon May 13, 2019 3:27 pm

Here's a head for it, apparently in good shape. Anyone within the U.S. should be o.k. buying it but outside the U.S. , forget it. The seller can't manage that without making a mess of things.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bausch-Lomb-Mi ... SwtLRcsKxp

Scarodactyl

#4 Post by Scarodactyl » Thu May 30, 2019 11:54 pm

Alrighty, this baby has gone up on the 'bay starting at 99 cents, so this offer is closed. That's OK though, there will probably be more free offers in the future.