Ideas about Microscope website

Have a problem finding shops that sell specific materials? Ask here. Are you looking for microscope parts? Do you have anything to offer for sale? Note: this is not a section for external companies to advertise their products.
AllMicroscope.com

Ideas about Microscope website

#1 Post by AllMicroscope.com » Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:20 pm

I am web developer and very excited with my new project! As you might have noticed it is a website for microscopes.
I have basic idea for what it should look like but I want to know what the people will need in there. Here is what I came up with so far:

-Microscope Book Library, where you could download Free Microscope and Biology related books.
-Bacteria encyclopedia that would be updated by the people.
-Market Place, where you could sell and buy microscopes, parts and others
-Microscope News/Blog category, where you could read interesting
-Forum - I don't intend to make any competition to the MicrobeHunter Forum - because it is great! Actually I'd rather like to cooperate. But please agree with me that when you build a website, forum is a must have

I joined this awesome forum to make contacts with professionals and people with interest in the field of Biology and especially in Microscopy. Feel free to make any suggestions and share your ideas about a Microscope Website below! Thank you!
:arrow: Microscope Books Library - it is updated daily with new microscopy books, Manuals, instructions and more. I hope you find this useful.

75RR

Re: Ideas about Microscope website

#2 Post by 75RR » Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:41 pm

Move to Miscellaneous or Suppliers, buying and selling if you feel you must post in this forum.
Zeiss Standard WL (somewhat fashion challenged) & Wild M8
Olympus E-P2 (Micro Four Thirds Camera)

AllMicroscope.com

#3 Post by AllMicroscope.com » Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:58 pm

I tried to move it to Miscellaneous, but I couldn't. Mabye a moderator or administrator could do this for me. :/ That would be great.
:arrow: Microscope Books Library - it is updated daily with new microscopy books, Manuals, instructions and more. I hope you find this useful.

mrsonchus

#4 Post by mrsonchus » Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:59 pm

I for one can't help I'm afraid - I'm very happy with this site and it's affiliates. It may be more productive to your intentions or indeed more appropriate if you were to try posting your enquiry as a general share..

Best of luck with your project. :)
John B

gekko

#5 Post by gekko » Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:34 pm

I think your site needs to be a bit more finished to enable one to have a context in which to contribute or to offer suggestions. Good luck.