Wild M400/M420 Frankenmacroscope 900usd free US shipping

Have a problem finding shops that sell specific materials? Ask here. Are you looking for microscope parts? Do you have anything to offer for sale? Note: this is not a section for external companies to advertise their products.
Scarodactyl

Wild M400/M420 Frankenmacroscope 900usd free US shipping

#1 Post by Scarodactyl » Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:04 pm

I kinda hate to put this one up for sale, because the project went really well, but I have limited space and want to make another one.
This is a Frankenmacroscope, Wild makrozoom objective, Nikon head (with CFWN 10x eyepieces), mounted on a Leica coarse-fine focus column. It performs much like an M420 or M400, more details below.

Price down to 900 through Monday!

You can see my writeup about putting it together here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8139

It's set up for direct projection onto aps-C.

Example photos:

Crop from the center:

A botryoidal overgrowth on green opal

Functionally it is very similar to an M400 or M420. The field of view in the camera is the same, and just a little less in the eyepieces. The makrozoom objective is a bit cosmetically challenged, with dings, misaligned zoom markings and it does not turn smoothly, but the function is perfect and it produces a great image, just as good as the cosmetically perfect one on the M400. It has a switchable trinoc port, between 100% eyepieces and 100% camera.
Last edited by Scarodactyl on Fri Nov 29, 2019 3:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Scarodactyl

Re: Wild M400/M420 Frankenmacroscope 900usd free US shipping

#2 Post by Scarodactyl » Fri Nov 29, 2019 3:05 am

It's almost black friday, and I'd like to clear some room for my next project (though it probably won't be another one of these for some time--how often to Nikon infinity-corrected heads with an erect image come up affordably priced??) Price marked down to 900 if anyone is interested.