Wanted to buy or trade - DIC parts and more

Have a problem finding shops that sell specific materials? Ask here. Are you looking for microscope parts? Do you have anything to offer for sale? Note: this is not a section for external companies to advertise their products.
PeteM

Wanted to buy or trade - DIC parts and more

#1 Post by PeteM » Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:41 pm

Update: down to a few things wanted, fewer things available for trade.

'm hoping to complete one of several partial DIC scopes and also have a number of microscopes to trade or sell.

Wanted:

Leica DM series
- K2 and K4 DIC condenser prisms for DM, DMR etc. condenser (held in circular mount)

Nikon E600
- "L" and "H" prisms to fit Nikon C-CU universal condenser
- Oil top lens 1.4na for C-CU condenser; possibly a 2nd condenser itself

Available for trade or sale
I'm particularly interested in trading away scopes either too heavy or too costly to use with kids in our "Micronaut" program. Also possibly interested in acquiring decent or at least fix-up-able stereo microscopes, which we tend to run short of it supplying parents and kids.

American Optical
- AO Biostar inverted microscope
- Various components, heads, objectives

B&L
- Balpan very complete with trinocular head, brightfield, phase, and most of a reflected fluorescence rig
- MicroZoom with transmitted & reflected - very nice all around shop & bio scope, complete with pricey LWD objectives, but heavy to move

Leica
- DMLB DIC and polarizing microscope. Includes top D sliding prism and condenser prisms compatible with 20x & 40x DIC (!)
- DMLS scopes with various head (bino, teaching, trinocular, video) and objective options and simple polarization

Leitz
- Various stands, components, trinocular heads etc.

Mitutoyo
- just an FS-50 head

Nikon
- Labophot and Optiphot scopes with various head, phase contrast, and objective options
- older S model scope well equipped

Olympus
- BH2 series (BHT,BHTU,BHS) scopes with various head (bino,teaching,trinocular), objective (A,DPlan & SPlan) and simple polarization options
- phase contrast sets
- Wide assortment of Olympus reflected DIC prisms and specially-machined condenser options for psuedo-DIC

Reichert
- large Diastar 420 (100 watt) scope and various polarization & phase contrast options

Zeiss
- Couple Zeiss standard scopes, with various phase contrast, polarization, and binocular/trinocular options
- Very cool Zeiss OPMI-1 stereo/surgical scope on large stand - beautifully clear optics, long working distance and near 7x mag range

Similar to this sold Ebay listing; but with a cool large round cast base with a frosted glass insert: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Zeiss-OpMi-1-M ... 7675.l2557 Set of GF Zeiss Jena PhV objectives

We might use comparable "sold" Ebay listings as a way of assuring more or less fair trades? Also happy to pay fair prices for items on the "want" list above.
Last edited by PeteM on Thu May 28, 2020 4:25 am, edited 4 times in total.

Tom Jones

Re: Wanted to buy or trade - DIC parts and more

#2 Post by Tom Jones » Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:59 pm

PM sent.

Tom

a.kat

#3 Post by a.kat » Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:28 pm

Hello PeteM,

I'm new to the forum and I don't think I can send you a personal message.

I'm interested in the "Set of GF Zeiss Jena PhV objectives" that you mention. You have only the objectives, right? What are the objectives?

Thanks,
Andrey

PeteM

#4 Post by PeteM » Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:12 pm

Andrey,

The set of four Zeiss Jena PhV objectives I have are all Planachromat GF (wide field) infinity. There's a 12.5x, 25x, 40x, and 100x. These have a 25mm mount and the 100x is longer than DIN. By design, the 100x is apparently longer either to incorporate all the extra glass in a wide field plan phase objective or to minimize oil contamination.

I've tried these on both a Leica DMLS and a Nikon E600, which use the same 25mm thread and are infinity. It's likely they would work on M25 to RMS adapters, being infinity and happy to accommodate a longer tube length, but I haven't tried that.

As you probably know, the Zeiss Phv type of phase contrast is somewhat unique in having two phase rings. One can use just the inner one and use the condenser aperture to block off the outer one for some specimens. Or use both annuli and the Phv condenser for maximum contrast. I don't have the matching Zeiss PhV condenser, but have achieved decent phase contrast by matching up a single inner phase ring with various annuli I have on hand.

This is what they look like: https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R ... n+kliton77

If this is what you are looking for and have something to trade, great. If not a trade, I'd sell them for a fraction of those Ebay prices.

a.kat

#5 Post by a.kat » Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:06 pm

Thanks for the details and your experience with the objectives. I'm aware of the Jena GF infinity system but have no experience with the PHV. Recently I acquired a Jenaval microscope in good condition but only with bright field objectives. I'm interested in the lower magnifications 12.5x and 25x. For trade I can offer from the same CF250 line the Planachromat 20x 0.40 oo/0.17-A and Planachromat HI 100x 1.30 oo/0-A. I don't need the 20x because I also have the POL version. And 100x is out of my magnification preferences. Even 40x is too much for me :)
Let me know if you need those or if you're willing to sell only the 12.5x and 25x objectives. Have a nice day!

PeteM

#6 Post by PeteM » Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:14 am

Hi a.kat -- It probably only makes sense to trade or sell the four Zeiss Phv phase objectives together. Wouldn't need more in trade. Would sell the lot of four Zeiss GF plan infinity phase objectives for less than current Ebay listings for a single one of that type of objective. Once you post a bit more I believe we can send messages.

a.kat

#7 Post by a.kat » Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:18 am

Hi PeteM,

I agree and I would have done the same I guess! Hopefully I will be able to contact you soon via PM.

durnis

#8 Post by durnis » Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:48 am

PM Sent

PeteM

#9 Post by PeteM » Thu May 07, 2020 12:37 am

Several changes to the above list.

Still hoping to find some Nikon Eclipse DIC stuff and a couple Leica prisms.

Several items previously listed are gone.

Zuul

#10 Post by Zuul » Tue May 12, 2020 5:30 am

I dropped you a PM.

PeteM

#11 Post by PeteM » Thu May 28, 2020 4:26 am

Updated. A Leica "K2" condenser prism for the DM series scopes is now top of the want list. Several items for trade no longer available, a Leica DIC (ICT) scope added.

Karol_

#12 Post by Karol_ » Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:12 pm

Dear PeteM,
Can u send me pm with details about Olympus BHS microscope?
Cheers,
Karol

PeteM

#13 Post by PeteM » Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:17 pm

Hi Karol,

I suspect that safe shipping to Poland would make it uneconomical for both of us. Especially now. I know, for example, that I can't even get parts sent from Germany to the US unless it's a very pricey shipment method. What I have is a complete stand, with all sorts of options for binocular or trinocular heads, teaching heads, plus sets of Achro, DPlan, SPlan objectives, phase contrast, etc.

I'd urge you to try to find something nearer, maybe German Ebay? If that fails after a while, feel free to message me.

You might also consider an Olympus BHT (same removable nosepieces as the BHS) and a LED upgrade to get the lamp closer to the brightness of a BHS.