MANY Objective lenses available for sale - Barn Find

Have a problem finding shops that sell specific materials? Ask here. Are you looking for microscope parts? Do you have anything to offer for sale? Note: this is not a section for external companies to advertise their products.
Bestsci

MANY Objective lenses available for sale - Barn Find

#1 Post by Bestsci » Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:56 pm

Hi All I am new to the forum, so glad to meet you all if only virtually :)

I am a microscopy / vision system merchant by trade and have joined specifically to offer you all some potentially collectable lenses, that have recently come into my possession. So I hope that you may find this helpful.

They were the property of a former colleague of my Fathers, who has now sadly passed away.
But he had a great collection of microscopes and lenses, and his widow has asked that we find good homes for it all.
Many lenses don't look like they have ever been used so there is real possibility here for a great addition to your collection.

So to keep it concise this post is just for objective lenses.
Specifically Carl Ziess, Zeiss, Tiyoda, Nikon, Olympus, and Olympus Tokyo made lenses.
I have attached a list on excel spreadsheet.

If you are interested in anything on here, please do get in touch, quoting the listing number please.
I can of course then provide more details and answer any specific questions individually.

All the Carl Zeiss ones are currently on Ebay and the others will be going on soon.
Happy to hear from you.

Kind regards
James
Attachments
Available Objective Lenses.xlsx
(14.07 KiB) Downloaded 245 times

stitchy.mitch

Re: MANY Objective lenses available for sale - Barn Find

#2 Post by stitchy.mitch » Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:29 pm

Were any complete microscopes available for sale as well?

~Mitchell

Microworldofgems

#3 Post by Microworldofgems » Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:13 pm

Could you provide a link to your eBay store?

75RR

#4 Post by 75RR » Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:10 am

Note to everyone!

Poster is requiring you to download a file from an unknown source on to your computer ... think about it!!!
Zeiss Standard WL (somewhat fashion challenged) & Wild M8
Olympus E-P2 (Micro Four Thirds Camera)

Bestsci

#5 Post by Bestsci » Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:58 pm

Hi All
Great questions will address them all below .

Stitch.mitch
Yes there are some microscopes still left (though some have gone already)
When I have those ready to go I will post again here offering those if you like.

Microworldofgems
Sure - here is the link to my items for sale
ebay https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/downabouts/m ... pg=&_from=
My user name is downabouts.
There are only Zeiss lenses listed currently - The others will go on soon.

75RR
you will have to trust me. I did try and put them in the main body of the forum post, but there was too much info there.
Plus I really don't have the time or expertise for anything sinister. It's a long list of microscope lenses and their properties.
But is the best way to get you this information.

Hope this helps anything else let me know :)
Cheers
James

Scarodactyl

#6 Post by Scarodactyl » Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:57 pm

I guess you must not ship to the US. eBay won't even show me your items.

BramHuntingNematodes

#7 Post by BramHuntingNematodes » Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:01 pm

Scarodactyl wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:57 pm
I guess you must not ship to the US. eBay won't even show me your items.
I can see them! Postage is not specified, but the prices seem fair and the lenses are in very good cosmetic shape.
1942 Bausch and Lomb Series T Dynoptic, Custom Illumination

75RR

#8 Post by 75RR » Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:33 pm

75RR
you will have to trust me. I did try and put them in the main body of the forum post, but there was too much info there.
Plus I really don't have the time or expertise for anything sinister. It's a long list of microscope lenses and their properties.

For forum members who want to buy and sell equipment
Have a problem finding shops that sell specific materials? Ask here. Are you looking for microscope parts?
Do you have anything to offer for sale? Note: this is not a section for external companies to advertise their products.

Lets assume that there is nothing sinister in the file you are tempting members to download. Still, joining in order to sell things, is, as you can see above, not permitted.
Zeiss Standard WL (somewhat fashion challenged) & Wild M8
Olympus E-P2 (Micro Four Thirds Camera)

daruosha

#9 Post by daruosha » Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:49 pm

75RR wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:33 pm
75RR

Have a problem finding shops that sell specific materials? Ask here. Are you looking for microscope parts?
Do you have anything to offer for sale? Note: this is not a section for external companies to advertise their products.

Lets assume that there is nothing sinister in the file you are tempting members to download. Still, joining in order to sell things, is, as you can see above, not permitted.
I'll second that. It doesn't sound right when someone take advantage of a specific forum or a community to sell niche products. Sorry for being brutally honest, but the original post classifies as a spam.
Daruosh.

Bestsci

#10 Post by Bestsci » Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:40 am

Thanks for your replies everyone
The majority of you have made me feel quite welcome being new to the forum. And I would like to thank you for that.
Thank you also to those who have sent me private messages apologies I can't respond as I don't have this privilege as a new member.

Unfortunately I have received some negative comments saying that my post / attachment are spam, which is quite frankly ridiculous.
And because of that i'm not going to continue with this any further.

I understand and respect the rules of the forum and I read those instructions carefully.
However I feel that the over enthusiastic application of the rules here, has lead to you removing a potential benefit to your members.
I came here with the greatest intentions to try and get niche items into the hands of the specific interest group that would value them the most.
Maybe a little benefit of the doubt here would have been helpful all round?

Moving forward Let's just do it like this ....

Hi all
I have old microscope lenses that your members might be interested in. They are listed for sale on ebay, My username is downabouts
Apologies if this is against forum rules but for personal reasons I wanted to reach out to your members as the specific demographic for these items.
Do check out my listings and contact me via eBay if you need any more information.

Nothing more from me other than best wishes to you all.
Take care
James

Hobbyst46

#11 Post by Hobbyst46 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:45 am

daruosha wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:49 pm
75RR wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:33 pm
75RR

I'll second that. It doesn't sound right when someone take advantage of a specific forum or a community to sell niche products. Sorry for being brutally honest, but the original post classifies as a spam.
Agreed 100%

Chris Dee

#12 Post by Chris Dee » Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:49 am

Just another eBay Hawker, overpriced to boot.

Roldorf

#13 Post by Roldorf » Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:33 pm

Chris Dee wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:49 am
Whatever you may think, for those looking for a nice used Carl Zeiss Photomicroscope iii he has had some nice deals.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Carl-Zeiss-P ... 3b42b14dc4

BUT he is an EBAY Seller and been so since 2006, what the other items are, I have no idea.

Unknown Brand: Optika SFX 91: Bresser Science Infinity: Canon 4000d
ImageImage

Chris Dee

#14 Post by Chris Dee » Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:40 pm

Roldorf wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:33 pm
Chris Dee wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:49 am
Whatever you may think, for those looking for a nice used Carl Zeiss Photomicroscope iii he has had some nice deals.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Carl-Zeiss-P ... 3b42b14dc4

BUT he is an EBAY Seller and been so since 2006, what the other items are, I have no idea.
Rules are there for a reason, regardless of whether you think they are nice deals.