MicrobeHunter.com Microscopy Forum

You can also access this page with: www.microscopy-forum.com
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:14 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:23 pm 

Seller is an auction reseller so their prices are all over the place - Standard Junior selling for more than the GFLs for example.

I counted 2 WLs, 2 18s and 3 GFLs

Anyway, seller accepts offers and shipping is reasonable.

If anyone is looking for a Zeiss Standard, making a 2/3 or 1/2 offer would bring the price down to a reasonable level on some of them. Caveat emptor as always.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/m.html?_ssn= ... eiss&rt=nc

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:51 pm 

Thanks for the info.
I've been searching for cheap Zeiss Standard variants, as I need one urgently - mine is broken now and is just a pile of pieces :cry: Apparently, I fell asleep
:roll: doing my chemistry project (worked in the night) ... I don't know how else I could have done it..

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:35 pm 

75RR wrote:
Seller is an auction reseller so their prices are all over the place - Standard Junior selling for more than the GFLs for example.

If anyone is looking for a Zeiss Standard, making a 2/3 or 1/2 offer would bring the price down to a reasonable level on some of them. Caveat emptor as always.

I agree, prices somewhat ambitious, and no logic. The same seller has resisted most of this *many* times, which ought to send a message, but I guess slow sales at a high price is a better return on the prices paid at auction.

The same seller has consistently listed a Cooke x45 as a Nikon fluorite, and consequently (and unsurprisingly) nobody has bought it...time after time.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:22 pm 

photomicro wrote:
75RR wrote:

I agree, prices somewhat ambitious, and no logic. The same seller has resisted most of this *many* times, which ought to send a message, but I guess slow sales at a high price is a better return on the prices paid at auction.

The same seller has consistently listed a Cooke x45 as a Nikon fluorite, and consequently (and unsurprisingly) nobody has bought it...time after time.
I notice that one of them, a trinocular standard with a relatively early model of mechanical stage, includes a phase contrast condenser, two PC objectives and epi-illumination - possibly fluorescence and/or reflected light microscopy - attachments. These important features are not mentioned in the list. They ask BP 950 for it, plus very high (IMHO) international shipping costs.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:27 pm 

Quote:
... plus very high (IMHO) international shipping costs.
Just compared shipping costs ...

£22.47 to EU vs £217.80 International. Quite the jump.

They could probably reduce that if you asked them - not sure how they arrived at that figure - but you would still have to get a reasonable price on the microscope first.