LED filament bulb

Post articles here that do not fit into other categories. I may add more categories to accommodate these posts.
candylion

LED filament bulb

#1 Post by candylion » Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:26 am

Over the past 4 years I think, I have been fading out incandescent and CFLs with LED bulbs. And the downlights I have, may need people with more technical background to replace them into LEDs.

I was quite surprised to find these "filament" LEDs, I had never heard of them. I was curious, but bought a few anyway. They work great. The light is bright -- easily a replacement for my old 80w bulbs. Mine is an old fashioned "bankers" desk lamp. The brass housing use to get really hot -- but doesn't heat up at all now. The led filament bulb is so comfortable for reading. We were always worried about leaving the old lights on too long because of the inside warmed up considerably. This is not a problem anymore.

You wouldn't believe that they weren't tungsten until the bulb is off. For applications where the bulb is exposed (instead of being in a housing or under a shade), these bulbs are stylish and, I think, worth the money.

I have been using like 3 days. I'm hoping I will get the advertised 25,000 hours.

For more information, please visit http://www.fortilighting.com/index.php/ ... -bulb.html

billbillt

Re: LED filament bulb

#2 Post by billbillt » Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:26 am

Thanks for the link to this... I am also a big fan of LED lighting for everything... I had never heard of a "filament led"...

candylion

Re: LED filament bulb

#3 Post by candylion » Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:44 am

Filament leds are good, they are energy-saving, effective, long lifetime and no warm-up period. Maybe you day you will have your filament led bulbs. :)