I think i messed up my objective lens

Post articles here that do not fit into other categories. I may add more categories to accommodate these posts.
Lilly Begonia

I think i messed up my objective lens

#1 Post by Lilly Begonia » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:37 pm

I wasn't getting the focus I had been before today, and so I undertook to clean my 10/.25 objective lens with the supplied lens cleaning paper from OMAX, and a little alcohol. When I looked through it I saw these blueish marks on it that won't go away now. So did I scratch the lens? I know they are on the lens because they stay in the same place wherever you move the slide. I'm bummed about this.

a bit later... well no, it was something on the condenser....whew!

(I think we should be allowed to delete our posts when we've made ourselves look dumb.)

mrsonchus

Re: I think i messed up my objective lens

#2 Post by mrsonchus » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:38 pm

Haha! Pleased it worked-out OK for you!

You've not made yourself look at all dumb my friend - we've all done this and many other daft things on our learning-curves - I'd take it as a definite positive if I were you - a problem seen, panicked-over then analysed & fixed!
Believe me - we're all smiling as we read this little adventure! :D :D :D

Keep up the great work, I love your posts - always interesting to see 'what you're up to'.

John B. :D :D :)
John B

einman

#3 Post by einman » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:55 pm

I still experience them!!

Pat Thielen

#4 Post by Pat Thielen » Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:16 am

John is quite right! I expect to mess up each time I take the cover off my microscope! :D

I've really enjoyed seeing your photos and reading about your adventures and seeing your reactions to all these really quite amazing things that live quite un-noticed in a drop of water. There is always something new to discover!
Pat Thielen
Motic BA310, C & A Scientific Premiere SMZ-07, Swift Eleven-Ninety, Swift FM-31, Bausch & Lomb VM349, Olympus CHA
Nikon d810