Site driving me nuts

Post articles here that do not fit into other categories. I may add more categories to accommodate these posts.
vendav

Site driving me nuts

#1 Post by vendav » Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:04 am

I seem to have a problem with the site which is frustrating in the extreme.
If I enter any topic, let's say Pictures and Video, look at one or more articles, and then hit the back arrow (iMac) to return to the list of topics, I do indeed return to this list but not the current one.
For example, I have just had a browse around Pic. & Vid. and then returned to the page where the Pic. & Vid latest item was dated Feb. 12th.
To return to the current pages I have to re-enter the MicrobeHunter site and re-selecct the Forum.

This happens about 95% of the time; the odd occasions where it performs as it should, do not, as far as I can see, follow any pattern.

Is anybody else so afflicted and is there any "cure"?

Kind regards,
David

MicroBob

Re: Site driving me nuts

#2 Post by MicroBob » Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:03 pm

Hi David,
I usually open a couple of topics in new tabs, then read them, close the tabs and have my original tab with the list still unchanged.

Bob

mrsonchus

#3 Post by mrsonchus » Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:44 pm

MicroBob wrote:Hi David,
I usually open a couple of topics in new tabs, then read them, close the tabs and have my original tab with the list still unchanged.

Bob
Same here Bob - whenever I get to something that I really don't want to disappear suddenly - such as post-editing does sometimes - I make a duplicate tab as soon as I start to think 'this looks interesting' - After several screaming-fits from losing a thread or a large chunk of editing this has become my standard practice also.

Duplicate an important tab or tab-sequence as a safety-net!

John B.
John B

vendav

#4 Post by vendav » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:34 am

Hi Bob&John,

Yes, I can see that that would work - why didn't I think of it?

BUT, it's a workaround and doesn't answer the question of why hopping backwards/forwards through the site doesn't work.

It works everywhere else I browse.

Kind regards,
David