some Zeiss Standards in the UK

Post articles here that do not fit into other categories. I may add more categories to accommodate these posts.
75RR

some Zeiss Standards in the UK

#1 Post by 75RR » Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:23 pm

Seller is an auction reseller so their prices are all over the place - Standard Junior selling for more than the GFLs for example.

I counted 2 WLs, 2 18s and 3 GFLs

Anyway, seller accepts offers and shipping is reasonable.

If anyone is looking for a Zeiss Standard, making a 2/3 or 1/2 offer would bring the price down to a reasonable level on some of them. Caveat emptor as always.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/m.html?_ssn= ... eiss&rt=nc
Zeiss Standard WL (somewhat fashion challenged) & Wild M8
Olympus E-P2 (Micro Four Thirds Camera)

TerryMulhern

Re: some Zeiss Standards in the UK

#2 Post by TerryMulhern » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:51 pm

Thanks for the info.
I've been searching for cheap Zeiss Standard variants, as I need one urgently - mine is broken now and is just a pile of pieces :cry: Apparently, I fell asleep
:roll: doing my chemistry project (worked in the night) ... I don't know how else I could have done it..

photomicro

#3 Post by photomicro » Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:35 pm

75RR wrote:Seller is an auction reseller so their prices are all over the place - Standard Junior selling for more than the GFLs for example.

If anyone is looking for a Zeiss Standard, making a 2/3 or 1/2 offer would bring the price down to a reasonable level on some of them. Caveat emptor as always.

I agree, prices somewhat ambitious, and no logic. The same seller has resisted most of this *many* times, which ought to send a message, but I guess slow sales at a high price is a better return on the prices paid at auction.

The same seller has consistently listed a Cooke x45 as a Nikon fluorite, and consequently (and unsurprisingly) nobody has bought it...time after time.

Hobbyst46

#4 Post by Hobbyst46 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:22 pm

photomicro wrote:
75RR wrote:Seller is an auction reseller so their prices are all over the place - Standard Junior selling for more than the GFLs for example.

I agree, prices somewhat ambitious, and no logic. The same seller has resisted most of this *many* times, which ought to send a message, but I guess slow sales at a high price is a better return on the prices paid at auction.

The same seller has consistently listed a Cooke x45 as a Nikon fluorite, and consequently (and unsurprisingly) nobody has bought it...time after time.
I notice that one of them, a trinocular standard with a relatively early model of mechanical stage, includes a phase contrast condenser, two PC objectives and epi-illumination - possibly fluorescence and/or reflected light microscopy - attachments. These important features are not mentioned in the list. They ask BP 950 for it, plus very high (IMHO) international shipping costs.

75RR

#5 Post by 75RR » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:27 pm

... plus very high (IMHO) international shipping costs.
Just compared shipping costs ...

£22.47 to EU vs £217.80 International. Quite the jump.

They could probably reduce that if you asked them - not sure how they arrived at that figure - but you would still have to get a reasonable price on the microscope first.
Zeiss Standard WL (somewhat fashion challenged) & Wild M8
Olympus E-P2 (Micro Four Thirds Camera)