I'm back...! Well, more or less.

Post articles here that do not fit into other categories. I may add more categories to accommodate these posts.
Pat Thielen

I'm back...! Well, more or less.

#1 Post by Pat Thielen » Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:44 pm

Hey everyone! Remember me? It's been awhile!

:D

I've been away for some time due to family issues, moving to a new house, winter... It's been crazy over the last few months and I've had little time for microscopy or even a place to work on it as I was moving from one house to another. I'm finally starting to get settled in again and the family stuff has begun to stabilize. So, I'm hoping to get back to my microscopes and photography.

I'll largely have to wait until the spring thaw, should it arrive, to collect samples from the nearby lakes and ponds. So until then I'll be working mostly with prepared slides and going over older photos to see about improving them. I've also figured out how to make a scale bar for each of my lenses and so I'll be including those on some of my new images.

Life is always an adventure and sometimes it takes us on paths we weren't expecting. So, it would seem my path has reconnected back to my microscopes once again. Yay!

Here is a photo of my new Evil Laboratory of Doom (as always in an undisclosed location). It is a work in progress to be sure, as I need to add storage for stuff and things. But I finally have a lot of space -- My former lab was really quite small as all I had to work on was an antique library desk. It worked quite well, but it was small. This should be much better.
Attachments
evil_laboratory_of_doom_feb-2019_1024.jpg
evil_laboratory_of_doom_feb-2019_1024.jpg (257 KiB) Viewed 4576 times
Pat Thielen
Motic BA310, C & A Scientific Premiere SMZ-07, Swift Eleven-Ninety, Swift FM-31, Bausch & Lomb VM349, Olympus CHA
Nikon d810

75RR

Re: I'm back...! Well, more or less.

#2 Post by 75RR » Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:43 pm

Welcome back. Nice space and great benches!

Basement?
Zeiss Standard WL (somewhat fashion challenged) & Wild M8
Olympus E-P2 (Micro Four Thirds Camera)

Pat Thielen

Re: I'm back...! Well, more or less.

#3 Post by Pat Thielen » Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:54 pm

75RR wrote:Welcome back. Nice space and great benches!

Basement?

I can neither confirm nor deny that rumor.
:D

Yeah, basement. But don't tell anyone!
Pat Thielen
Motic BA310, C & A Scientific Premiere SMZ-07, Swift Eleven-Ninety, Swift FM-31, Bausch & Lomb VM349, Olympus CHA
Nikon d810