Need help on decidnig for my (first) microscope

What equipment do you use? Post pictures and descriptions of your microscope(s) here!
Luka

Need help on decidnig for my (first) microscope

#1 Post by Luka » Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:24 pm

Greetings,
so I'm very interested in making microbiology a hobby, I already have a rather light and small, kind of a child microscope from the 90s and it's nowhere near the real thing. So now I would like to upgrade to an alright-good microscope and if the hobby stays and becomes even more serious then I will go for an Olympus, Zeiss...

Criteria:
Binocular is a must as I can't stand keeping one eye closed all the time, but I would really love a trinocular one as I would like to mount a camera to it and still be able to see under the microscope with both of my eyes.
And of course it needs to have those basics - 4x, 10x, 40x (I would love 60x as well) objectives which are DIN 160mm, 10x oculars, mechanical stage, a light source and a condenser.
My max. budget is up to 500€ but I would prefer if it is around 300€.
I've done a little bit of research and found out that the Bresser Researcher Trino follows all the criteria (maybe if I can I will try to ask for one with the 60x instead of 100x oil): https://www.amazon.de/gp/aw/d/B001ARAYF ... B7XF&psc=1
The thing that worries me here is that Researcher Trino is 326€ on amazon.de while on official Bresser store and some other stores it is 450€ which is not a small difference and it concerns me.
I would love if anyone could recommend me some other alright microscopes or confirm this one is fine.

The second thing I want to talk about is a camera. I would like to take some videos and a lot of photos, but I'm not looking for some high end camera; some muddiness, blurriness is OK with me. Which I definitely will get as my max. budget on the camera would be 100€ maybe 150€ if it's really worth it. I found the Bresser Mikrokular Full HD Camera and it seems OK to me: https://www.amazon.de/gp/aw/d/B01GG2EUW ... B7XF&psc=1
Is this camera alright are there better ones in this price range?

I hope somebody can help me, i would really appreciate it, thank you.
Best regards
Luka

75RR

Re: Need help on decidnig for my (first) microscope

#2 Post by 75RR » Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:08 am

Hi Luka, welcome

Your question is one we regularly get on the forum and has therefore been answered, with slight variations, a number of times.

Look in the Beginner's corner section, some questions and their answers go way back, several years in fact, but they are still worth reading.
Zeiss Standard WL (somewhat fashion challenged) & Wild M8
Olympus E-P2 (Micro Four Thirds Camera)

Luka

Re: Need help on decidnig for my (first) microscope

#3 Post by Luka » Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:45 pm

75RR wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:08 am
Hi Luka, welcome

Your question is one we regularly get on the forum and has therefore been answered, with slight variations, a number of times.

Look in the Beginner's corner section, some questions and their answers go way back, several years in fact, but they are still worth reading.
I'll look into it, thank you!