Hello from Oregon

What equipment do you use? Post pictures and descriptions of your microscope(s) here!
Greg Howald

Hello from Oregon

#1 Post by Greg Howald » Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:34 am

Since my wife won't let me take over the living room I'm stuck in a Pretty small space of 10ft x 10ft. That means a lot of thinking about space saving is necessary since I buy new stuff all the time. I currently use four scopes and hardly a day goes by that I don't use them all. All of my scopes were purchased from Amscope and they have performed well.
I have an M150c which is an introductory scope. It is used for experiments with optics in order to prove theory before considering application with other scopes. The remaining scopes are at the professional level. A nice stereo scope, a B660, and a PZ200 petrographic scope. I study biology and mineralogy. I wanted to include photos from the lab but I keep getting the error message that files are too large even after resizing them so I guess that can't happen. To save space, all four of the scopes I use are mounted on a large Lazy Susan. I can sit at the desk and just kind of 'spin the top'. For me it saves space and adds convenience.
Greg

PeteM

Re: Hello from Oregon

#2 Post by PeteM » Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:27 am

I like your Lazy Susan idea (especially if it's vibration damped for taking photos?).

Welcome.

75RR

Re: Hello from Oregon

#3 Post by 75RR » Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:42 am

I wanted to include photos from the lab but I keep getting the error message that files are too large even after resizing them so I guess that can't happen.
Max image size 1024 x 1024 and 512KB ... just drag and drop
Zeiss Standard WL (somewhat fashion challenged) & Wild M8
Olympus E-P2 (Micro Four Thirds Camera)