Hello from Oregon. I wonder what would happen if....

What equipment do you use? Post pictures and descriptions of your microscope(s) here!
Greg Howald

Hello from Oregon. I wonder what would happen if....

#1 Post by Greg Howald » Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:11 pm

Ok. I admit it. I tinker a lot. I've made many different accessories for my microscopes and have after some struggling usually had good success.
But I wonder what would happen if....
I purchased a magnifying watch crystal to fit in the filter holder on my condenser. It would have to be upside down of course in order to close the filter holder.
I wonder what the effect would be. I wonder what magnification the crystal should be.
I wonder what the result would be If I placed one of my very thin dark field or reinberg filters on top of that lens in the filter holder.
Just wondering. Any thoughts pro or con would help I'm sure, but I think it's a decent question to ask.
Thanks, Greg

DonSchaeffer

Re: Hello from Oregon. I wonder what would happen if....

#2 Post by DonSchaeffer » Sat Oct 24, 2020 3:21 am

That experiment sounds like fun. I love that stuff. I ran a piece of optical cable through the right source and across the back of the filter holder making a permanent oblique light bias.

DonSchaeffer

Re: Hello from Oregon. I wonder what would happen if....

#3 Post by DonSchaeffer » Sat Oct 24, 2020 3:22 am

That experiment sounds like fun. I love that stuff. I ran a piece of optical cable through the right source and across the back of the filter holder making a permanent oblique light bias.