reichert jung microstar 110 fluorescence

What equipment do you use? Post pictures and descriptions of your microscope(s) here!
maguee

reichert jung microstar 110 fluorescence

#1 Post by maguee » Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:34 pm

I can do blue excitation light. But i would like to see the red autoflorescence of vegetal stuff.

I use a RGB LED torch that works wonderfully but i have two diferent position for the cube filter and i think that none of them allows for that. Should i try to change the filters in the cube?

I think blue and Green excitation are the most common.

Hobbyst46

Re: reichert jung microstar 110 fluorescence

#2 Post by Hobbyst46 » Wed Nov 29, 2023 11:44 am

maguee wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:34 pm
I can do blue excitation light. But i would like to see the red autoflorescence of vegetal stuff.

I use a RGB LED torch that works wonderfully but i have two diferent position for the cube filter and i think that none of them allows for that. Should i try to change the filters in the cube?

For effective plant autofluorescence one needs to excite at 400-430nm (that is violet, not blue), cutoff (dichroic mirror) around 500nm, end an emission filter that transmits above 550-600nm.

jorymil

Re: reichert jung microstar 110 fluorescence

#3 Post by jorymil » Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:27 am

maguee wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:34 pm

Were you able to work this out? I know that UV flashlights often contain some violet in them if you're looking for an inexpensive light source. Though you definitely will want some filtering in place. I've never seen a violet-specific flashlight in a hardware store, but the UV ones are really common.

fromesurfer

Free connections, expand your social circle

#4 Post by fromesurfer » Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:58 am

Freedom of connections: dating for open relationships
Authentic Ladies