Euromex Microscopes?

What equipment do you use? Post pictures and descriptions of your microscope(s) here!
garyjm

Euromex Microscopes?

#1 Post by garyjm » Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:21 pm

I've been wondering about these microscopes and just how good they are? Does anyone own one? I know our leader uses them so they must be decent :-) How do they compare with Amscope and some other manufactures offering similar microscopes? I would imagine that some of them come from the same factory in China since they all seem to look very similar. Does anyone know in what factory the Euromex microscopes are made? Euromex corporate is based in Arnhem, the Netherlands but I believe that some (if not all) of their microscopes are made in China. I like the fact that they have a ten-year warranty and twenty-year parts inventory. Their catalogs are impressive. I know too that Amscope sells them and other dealers too. I collect microscopes and love to compare and contrast the various models both new and vintage from around the world :-)

Thanks,
Gary

Scarodactyl

Re: Euromex Microscopes?

#2 Post by Scarodactyl » Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:50 pm

They are largely Chinese but they also have a relationship with Meiji and sell some of their Japanese made microscopes under their own brand.

Phill Brown

#3 Post by Phill Brown » Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:07 pm

I have an iscope pH pl trinocular.
The slide clamp is junk.
The auto power off isn't true.
Apparently the fine focus can work loose but can be fixed.
Is it worth the new price?
No.
It's not Kohler, it's a diffused 3w neo LED with a field iris.
The objectives look similar to motic but they are not the same.
It's my go to for my lads school projects, mostly because it's not too heavy.

PeteM

#4 Post by PeteM » Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:28 pm

garyjm wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:21 pm
. . . I collect microscopes and love to compare and contrast the various models both new and vintage from around the world :-)

Thanks,
Gary
They're serviceable microscopes, but I wouldn't consider most of their models collectible—unless you were interested in the financial acquisition history of L Squared Capital Partners, owners of the AmScope, OMAX, Euromex, Q Scope, and iQCrew brands under the United Scope moniker.

Seviceable, meaning usable and for fit for purpose given the price -- not (in my limited experience in trying to buy repair parts for an Omax scope) that you'll be able to find service parts.

garyjm

#5 Post by garyjm » Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:55 am

I wonder how well they honor their ten-year warranty? That is five years longer than Amscope. I had a couple of warranty issues with Amscope and they took care of me nicely.

The more I read about the sourcing of microscopes today the more my head spins :-)

Phil Brown: The iScope is not a cheap microscope. It's advertised with Kohler illumination. I wonder how many other brand microscopes are advertised as such and are really not?

Phill Brown

#6 Post by Phill Brown » Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:25 pm

It's a subject covered here.
I'd value a PL/PH trinoc iscope at £500 boxed in as new condition.
LED is good for not boiling live subjects.