Manual wanted for Swift SRL microscope

What equipment do you use? Post pictures and descriptions of your microscope(s) here!
BrassCat

Manual wanted for Swift SRL microscope

#1 Post by BrassCat » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:09 pm

Hello the forum. I have searched the internet, but may have missed it. I have found several
websites that have numerous manuals for many different models of Swift microscopes. But
none have a manual for the SRL. Hoping someone here has a copy or a PDF. ?

Much appreciated, Stan

BrassCat

Re: Manual wanted for Swift SRL microscope

#2 Post by BrassCat » Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:06 pm

Must be as rare as hen's teeth!

lorez

#3 Post by lorez » Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:28 pm

Considering that the SRL was out of production many years ago and there were probably not too many sold on a global scale it's not surprising that manuals are rare.

If you are looking for "how to use" information any generic instructions for using a binocular microscope should be helpful. Aside from a few design idiosyncrasies the scope is similar to the Olympus and Nikons of the era.

If you are looking for repair information asking on the forum maybe the best since there was no technical repair instruction in the user manual. There was not even a repair manual for those who sold the scopes.

lorez

BrassCat

#4 Post by BrassCat » Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:18 pm

Hello lorez, thanks for the response. I have downloaded a book on microscopes mentioned in this forum. I do like to have manuals for the equipment I own, this Swift SRL being a budget entry into compound microscopes. In looking at later swift microscope manuals, I appreciate the assembly diagrams. so yes, it is in the maintenance of this microscope I have been looking for a manual.
So, thanks for clarifying the manual status.

Stan.

G.F.

#5 Post by G.F. » Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:58 pm

Hello Stan, I don't know if this might still be of interest to you but there is an original, old-fashioned - i.e., printed on paper ... ! ;) - Swift SRL microscope manual, all complete and including full technical drawings, available for sale here:
http://standard-microscope-emporium.co. ... flets.html
A bit pricey but I guess this reflects its rarity ... .
All the best
G.F.
Zeiss-Winkel GF; Zeiss Standard Junior, GF, GFL, WL, Universal 1, Photomicroscope 1, Photomicroscope 1 transm. fluor., Photomicroscope 2, Photomicroscope 2 epifluor., Ultraphot 2, Invertoskop D, Stereomikroskop IV
... and as far as Zeiss goes that's it ;)

75RR

#6 Post by 75RR » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:41 pm

Hi G.F.

You do not mention if you have any relationship with the site you linked to. Do you?
Zeiss Standard WL (somewhat fashion challenged) & Wild M8
Olympus E-P2 (Micro Four Thirds Camera)

G.F.

#7 Post by G.F. » Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:27 am

Hello 75RR,
Yes, it's the family-run micro-business. (Perhaps I should clarify that my interest in microscopy is 6-fold. Chronologically: as an enthusiast, as an academic scientist, as a microscopical journal editor, as a collector (especially Zeiss West and Watson), as a free-lance consultant, and finally as the owner of a micro-business. Except for the editorial role, I am still all these things together. :) )
In any case, please disregard my previous e-mail in this thread, as I was unaware that the manual in question had actually been sold already.
Kind regards,
Gianfranco Novarino
Zeiss-Winkel GF; Zeiss Standard Junior, GF, GFL, WL, Universal 1, Photomicroscope 1, Photomicroscope 1 transm. fluor., Photomicroscope 2, Photomicroscope 2 epifluor., Ultraphot 2, Invertoskop D, Stereomikroskop IV
... and as far as Zeiss goes that's it ;)