My Olympus Setup is purchased - let the wait begin!

What equipment do you use? Post pictures and descriptions of your microscope(s) here!
Quarterbore

My Olympus Setup is purchased - let the wait begin!

#1 Post by Quarterbore » Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:22 pm

I have been spending my money at a faster pace then planned but I am sure I am not alone in that experience. I need to receive most of my purchases still but here is a rundown of what I have purchased:

Olympus CHT with the Brightfield, 10x Phase, 40x Phase, and Darkfield Condencer
- scope came with the correct APL 4, APL 10 PL, and APL 40 PL eyepieces (no 100x eyepiece)
- also came with a pointer in the right eyepiece (not sure I like it)
- came with correct green filter for phase contrast
Olympus CT centering eyepiece to adjust the phase contrast
Olympus CH-2, BH-2 trinocular head with dual focus eyepieces
- searched hard for this to hopefully allow me to get camera focus to match eyepieces
Olympus Photomicro Adapter L
PM-ADF adapter
NFK 3.3x and 5x 125 eyepieces
Fotodiox Pro EOS to OM adapter to mount a Canon EOS T3i (or other)

If that wasn't crazy enough, I was looking at the cost for the 100x oil lens, extra eyepieces to get a photo recticle and/or micrometer installed in eyepiece(s) I can just leave it In and then looking for a case (I will use this to teach scouts and school age kids) and I found it cheaper to buy a second microscope in the form of a CHBS which is a student grade scope but it came from a medical office so they had upgraded the lenses and it had the simply awesome Olympus hard case that I couldn't find anywhere! I paid $225 for the second microscope complete!

I hate to add up my expenses but I think I have about $1200 invested. Now, I could recover a little of that if I sell my spare binocular head and strip the parts I need from the CHBS and sell the rest but I think I will keep the spares and two microscopes may be better than one later! My wife may beat me over the head however if I don't stop now!

I'll post photos once more of new purchase arrive but I did get the CHT microscope and I am anxious to get the slides I have ordered too :shock:

Crater Eddie

Re: My Olympus Setup is purchased - let the wait begin!

#2 Post by Crater Eddie » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:33 pm

I am one of the few who will say to keep all the spare parts. You never know when they will come in handy for a new build or a trade.
CE
Olympus BH-2 / BHTU
LOMO BIOLAM L-2-2
LOMO POLAM L-213 / BIOLAM L-211 hybrid
LOMO Multiscope (Biolam)
Cameras: Canon T3i, Olympus E-P1 MFT, Amscope 3mp USB