My first Stereo

What equipment do you use? Post pictures and descriptions of your microscope(s) here!
davetee

My first Stereo

#1 Post by davetee » Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:28 pm

Just received my Amscope SE305R-LED today and I'm impressed with the visual quality (don't have a camera to do any images yet). I was expecting rocker switches for the lights, but instead they have dimmers which is even better.

Scarodactyl

Re: My first Stereo

#2 Post by Scarodactyl » Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:01 pm

It's a lot easier to get non-zooming optics right, so at a low price point you can often still get a great, crisp image if you go for this style of scope. I was just trying a similar scope at my local microscope dealer's shop and was pretty impressed. I hope you enjoy it!

MicroBob

#3 Post by MicroBob » Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:36 pm

Hi Dave,
this is an instrument that has benn sold in great numbers. I had one with 20x / 40x combination and the image quality and mechanical precision was fine. What I didn't like was the 20x as the lower mag. - too high for me.
I added a longer pole and glued an "angel eye" LED ring (ebay) to the cone around the objectives.

The image quality was similar to the 400€ entry class Leica stereo I have at work.
Your 10x / 20x version will probably be your first and last stereo microscope, there really is nothing wrong with them for normal purposes.

Bob

MicroBob

#4 Post by MicroBob » Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:38 pm

For photography through a stereo microscope it is best to tilt the object somewhat to get even sharpness.