Any Olympus CK-1 fans out there...

What equipment do you use? Post pictures and descriptions of your microscope(s) here!
Rossf

Any Olympus CK-1 fans out there...

#1 Post by Rossf » Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:23 am

Love this little inverted-nice and compact for this type of scope-have a modern upright as well but inverted scopes have been a revelation for me-being able to gently scoop pond water or compost tea samples and capture something akin to a slice of habitat rather than just a drop of water/coverslip which in Australian summers dries out very quickly-also being able to leave it overnight and see what’s got bigger, who’s eating who, what’s divided-recently saw an amoeba divide into 4 over about half hour! Way better than reality TV :)-mines getting a bit old in the tooth BUT...couple of nights ago nabbed one on eBay that from sellers description and photos is in excellent condition but also has not just that frustratingly elusive phase attachment/objectives(!) but the equally elusive mechanical stage(!!),trinocular head(!!!)instruction manual, those weird oblong filters (blue,green,frosted) and various bits and bobs -should arrive in about 3 weeks from UK-do get a bit sick of moving tiny Petri dishes by hand and accidentally sloshing things about-so looks like I’ll be using this type for years to come....
Cheers fellow microbe hunters!
P.S my apologies to any fellow microbe hunters that where after the same listing.
Attachments
2A19B184-5F86-4085-9D7F-B29EA1046B8F.jpeg
2A19B184-5F86-4085-9D7F-B29EA1046B8F.jpeg (297.77 KiB) Viewed 7842 times