My Microscope

What equipment do you use? Post pictures and descriptions of your microscope(s) here!
Phil M

My Microscope

#1 Post by Phil M » Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:10 pm

I just received my microscope last Wed. So far it seems to be very well built. I bought it with two darkfield condensers, oil and dry. If anyone else has one of these please let me know what you think of it. It is a T670Q-PL-DK2.
Thanks Phil
Attachments
20200625_195633-2.jpg
20200625_195633-2.jpg (38.38 KiB) Viewed 3498 times

microbob3

Re: My Microscope

#2 Post by microbob3 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:24 pm

Sure looks nice, I have a Amscope Stereo trinocular and love it.

KenK

#3 Post by KenK » Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:53 am

Hi Phil,

Looks like a nice piece of equipment. Congratulations. I recently added a compound microscope to my setup. A more basic Amscope product, T340. I'm very happy with the images I am getting. It seems like a good match to my beginner skill set. At my pricepoint Amscope has several models with near identical specs. I went with the T340 because there is a true darkfield condenser available (as opposed to a simple patch in the filter housing). If you have tried your dry darkfield objective I would be very interested in your opinion. I was looking at their website today and asking myself "why didn't I just buy the darkfield bundle?" The answer is that I am cost limited. One step at a time.

Digging around the internet I was able to identify the manufacturer for our microscopes.
https://bestscope.en.made-in-china.com/
Looks like a competent manufacturer although without inspecting the factory in person it is hard to know for sure (I have a background in managing offshore technical suppliers for medical equipment).

I also found a complete product catalog. I don't know if I will be able to attach it.

Anyway, enjoy your new investment. I certainly am enjoying mine.

Best,
Ken

Scarodactyl

#4 Post by Scarodactyl » Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:57 am

I'm not sure that Bestscope is a manufacturer--at least some of their stereos look to be ones made by Novel Optics (or at least probably made by Novel Optics).