focus tension adjustment

Do you have any microscopy questions, which you are afraid to ask? This is your place.
itaben

focus tension adjustment

#1 Post by itaben » Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:56 am

Hallo
i got new bresser 5722100 microscope and it seems the the fine focus tension it to tight, every time you adjust the fine focus knob it turn a bit back and it hard to stay in focus.
some one know how can i adjust it?
thanks
ben

apochronaut

Re: focus tension adjustment

#2 Post by apochronaut » Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:34 am

Sounds like the fine focus is drifting a little , so it seems it would be loose. You might contact Bresseur about how to increase tension, or it should point that out in a user's manual.

DonSchaeffer

#3 Post by DonSchaeffer » Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:04 pm

I have the same problem with my Amscope. They give a little wrench to tighten it, but I don't know how to use the wrench--it might have been for my previous microscope. It doesn't seem to fit this one. The service department had little to say except that turning the coarse and fine focus knobs simultaneously in opposite directions is supposed to tighten it. I didn't find that that worked. Eventually the focus holds if you hold it for a second or two.

Greg Howald

#4 Post by Greg Howald » Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:19 pm

To begin with, the service dept. at And cold doesn't know anything about microscopes. So for both of you, try this.
Is there a hole in the shaft of the coarse focus knob. If so that's where the wrench goes. Hold the coarse focus knob opposite where the hole is so it can not move. Have the hole straight up. Stick in a nail or anything that fits and push it away from you. That will tighten tension.
No hole? Grab coarse focus knob on left and grab focus knob on right. Down with left hand. Up with right to tighten.
And hey, if I'm wrong you will know it. Then go the other way . Adjust coarse focus will take care of fine focus on most scopes. Have fun
Greg