Watson Microsystem 70 microscope

Do you have any microscopy questions, which you are afraid to ask? This is your place.
Bugone

Watson Microsystem 70 microscope

#1 Post by Bugone » Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:40 am

Just a bout Kohler illuminater just tuned my microscope and getting a 2d effect. Judy wondering if is this the right effect for Kohler it's amazing to see well happy
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (45.71 KiB) Viewed 3390 times

75RR

Re: Watson Microsystem 70 microscope

#2 Post by 75RR » Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:59 am

Köhler is mainly about even illumination and resolution. It is important to follow the procedure to achieve Köhler exactly.

"The main advantages of Koehler illumination in image formation are:
• Bright and even illumination in the specimen plane and in the conjugate image plane. Even when illumination is provided by an irregular light source such as a lamp filament, illumination of the object is remarkably uniform across an extended area. Under these conditions of illumination, a given point in the specimen is illuminated by every point in the light source, and, conversely, a given point in the light source illuminates every point in the specimen.
• Positioning of two different sets of conjugate focal planes at specific locations along the optic axis of the microscope. This is a strict requirement for maximal spatial resolution and optimal image formation for a variety of optical modes. As we will see, focusing the stage and condenser positions the focal planes correctly, while adjusting the field and condenser diaphragms controls resolution and contrast. Once properly adjusted, it is easier to locate and correct faults such as dirt and bubbles that can degrade optical performance."

FUNDAMENTALS OF LIGHT MICROSCOPY AND ELECTRONIC IMAGING
Douglas B. Murphy

By the way, did you buy that microscope from Ian Walker?

http://www.microscopy-uk.org.uk/mag/art ... son70.html
Zeiss Standard WL (somewhat fashion challenged) & Wild M8
Olympus E-P2 (Micro Four Thirds Camera)

Bugone

#3 Post by Bugone » Sun Nov 15, 2015 1:35 pm

75RR wrote:Köhler is mainly about even illumination and resolution. It is important to follow the procedure to achieve Köhler exactly.

"The main advantages of Koehler illumination in image formation are:
• Bright and even illumination in the specimen plane and in the conjugate image plane. Even when illumination is provided by an irregular light source such as a lamp filament, illumination of the object is remarkably uniform across an extended area. Under these conditions of illumination, a given point in the specimen is illuminated by every point in the light source, and, conversely, a given point in the light source illuminates every point in the specimen.
• Positioning of two different sets of conjugate focal planes at specific locations along the optic axis of the microscope. This is a strict requirement for maximal spatial resolution and optimal image formation for a variety of optical modes. As we will see, focusing the stage and condenser positions the focal planes correctly, while adjusting the field and condenser diaphragms controls resolution and contrast. Once properly adjusted, it is easier to locate and correct faults such as dirt and bubbles that can degrade optical performance."

FUNDAMENTALS OF LIGHT MICROSCOPY AND ELECTRONIC IMAGING
Douglas B. Murphy

By the way, did you buy that microscope from Ian Walker?

http://www.microscopy-uk.org.uk/mag/art ... son70.html
I got this same one at work at a uni where I work got the picture on line thank you 75rr

75RR

#4 Post by 75RR » Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:20 pm

I got this same one at work at a uni where I work got the picture on line thank you 75rr
You can link to the article if someone were to ask about that type of microscope, but you should really only show images of yours.
Zeiss Standard WL (somewhat fashion challenged) & Wild M8
Olympus E-P2 (Micro Four Thirds Camera)

Bugone

#5 Post by Bugone » Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:06 pm

75RR wrote:
You can link to the article if someone were to ask about that type of microscope, but you should really only show images of yours.
thanks 75rr read the info you gave me and known to get the Kohler illmimater set up now all the pond life are all much clear then befor and more detail so easy to do and not out of focus on the out side of the lenes now much more light getting thruogh as well thank for your help :D