Brands and opinions

Do you have any microscopy questions, which you are afraid to ask? This is your place.
MicroMan2

Brands and opinions

#1 Post by MicroMan2 » Sun Dec 20, 2015 5:10 am

What do you think is the best brand in the terms of buying cheap affordable microscope and microscope related items in the terms of quality and price? Who do you think is more obsolete than other companies.

billbillt

Re: Brands and opinions

#2 Post by billbillt » Sun Dec 20, 2015 6:00 am

MicroMan2 wrote:What do you think is the best brand in the terms of buying cheap affordable microscope and microscope related items in the terms of quality and price? Who do you think is more obsolete than other companies.
IMHO, it would be Amscope as far as bang for your buck.. As far as obsoleteness, I don't think I can name one...

BillT

Charles

Re: Brands and opinions

#3 Post by Charles » Sun Dec 20, 2015 3:19 pm

In North America, I would say Spencer/American Optical/Reichert are the most affordable in regards to quality, availability, accessories and spare parts. Thousands are still being used from Grade schools to Universities, Hospitals and Military. A lot of these scopes are being replaced by newer but not necessarily better scopes. The models range from 10/20, 100/110/120, 410/420 and Diastars and good working scopes can be bought from $50-$500.

The most obsolete IMO is a used Chinese made scope...but just my opinion. :)