chemistry set

Do you have any microscopy questions, which you are afraid to ask? This is your place.
starguy75

chemistry set

#1 Post by starguy75 » Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:24 pm

Is there a chemistry set kit for adults? All the ones I seen are for up to high school kids

Oliver

Re: chemistry set

#2 Post by Oliver » Sun Sep 11, 2016 5:49 am

A Kit to do what? General experimentation as a hobby? Or for specific testing of eg. water quality?

Kit for amateur adult chemistry: Not that I know of, because hobby chemists will buy their stuff as they need it. It is also unlikely that you will get a meaningful response about this in this forum, as this forum is microscopy related and you might be more successful posting something in a chemistry forum. If you are interested in amateur science in general, then I also recommend to google for Citizen Science.

There are many kits for microscopy, which contain a set of staining solutions for the specimens, but again, this is quite specific.

There are eg. water hardness testing kits, kits for testing presence of nitrate in food etc. but they are for testing specific things and not for amateur experimentation, if this is what you want.

There are also many youtube videos that explain different chem related experiments (eg how to make a battery out of aluminum foil and coins etc. but these do not require a kit, as tha material is readily available.

Oliver
Image Oliver Kim - http://www.microbehunter.com - Microscopes: Olympus CH40 - Olympus CH-A - Breukhoven BMS student microscope - Euromex stereo - uSCOPE MXII