hairs in eyepiece?

Do you have any microscopy questions, which you are afraid to ask? This is your place.
starguy75

hairs in eyepiece?

#1 Post by starguy75 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:41 pm

I didn't get my first slides yet but when I look in my microscope binoculars with the light on and I see my circle there are hairs from my face too, so yesterday I went to get my eyebrows done as the esthetician to trim them but I still have this problem, so I'm not sure if its my eyelashes or eyebrows, is this a common problem ?

rnabholz

Re: hairs in eyepiece?

#2 Post by rnabholz » Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:31 pm

starguy75 wrote:I didn't get my first slides yet but when I look in my microscope binoculars with the light on and I see my circle there are hairs from my face too, so yesterday I went to get my eyebrows done as the esthetician to trim them but I still have this problem, so I'm not sure if its my eyelashes or eyebrows, is this a common problem ?

It is most likely your eyelashes.

I think the issue maybe that because you are not actually looking at a focused image, you may be inadvertently crowding the eyepiece in a way that causes you to see eyelashes.

Before you pluck out your eyelashes, :) , I would wait and give it a try with a slide with a specimen.

Good luck

Rod

billbillt

Re: hairs in eyepiece?

#3 Post by billbillt » Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:59 pm

starguy75 wrote:I didn't get my first slides yet but when I look in my microscope binoculars with the light on and I see my circle there are hairs from my face too, so yesterday I went to get my eyebrows done as the esthetician to trim them but I still have this problem, so I'm not sure if its my eyelashes or eyebrows, is this a common problem ?
YES.. I see all kinds of weird squiggles and other tiny shapes float in my vision while I am doing microscopy.. I have learned to ignore it..

BillT