Marine Parasites Reference Books / Resources ??

Do you have any microscopy questions, which you are afraid to ask? This is your place.
ermaclob

Marine Parasites Reference Books / Resources ??

#1 Post by ermaclob » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:09 am

Hay anyone know any good books or reference material for marine parasites that target fish and invertebrates? i would like to go on a hunt for them but would like to know a bit about commonly found species and there life cycles/pathology to aid me on my search.

thanks

apochronaut

Re: Marine Parasites Reference Books / Resources ??

#2 Post by apochronaut » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:47 pm

Parasitology and Pathology of Marine Organisms of the World Ocean , by William Hargis, 1985 published by the N.O.A.A. National Marine Fisheries Service. 141 pages.

Parasitology . volume 124, issue 7, October, 2002 Parasites in Marine Systems . edited by R. Poulin and L.H. Chappell, Cambridge University Press
216 Pages.

Marine Parasitology , by Klaus Rhode, 2005 published by CSIRO(Commonwealth Science and Industrial Research Organization), 592 pages.

ermaclob

#3 Post by ermaclob » Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:14 pm

apochronaut wrote:Parasitology and Pathology of Marine Organisms of the World Ocean , by William Hargis, 1985 published by the N.O.A.A. National Marine Fisheries Service. 141 pages.

Parasitology . volume 124, issue 7, October, 2002 Parasites in Marine Systems . edited by R. Poulin and L.H. Chappell, Cambridge University Press
216 Pages.

Marine Parasitology , by Klaus Rhode, 2005 published by CSIRO(Commonwealth Science and Industrial Research Organization), 592 pages.
Dude perfect, thanks!
Exactly what i was looking for. Let the hunt begin

apochronaut

#4 Post by apochronaut » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:46 pm

hope those all can be found for less than the cost of a grandiose pizza! authoratative they are, but affordatative , they ain't! not a lot of circulation for stuff like that , although : there needs to be. big problem out there!

ermaclob

#5 Post by ermaclob » Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:51 pm

apochronaut wrote:hope those all can be found for less than the cost of a grandiose pizza! authoratative they are, but affordatative , they ain't! not a lot of circulation for stuff like that , although : there needs to be. big problem out there!
i was able to find free electronic versions of all of them pretty fast. Wish i can find a place that will give me pizza for that much.